Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a player doesn’t want to be here then off they may fuck. Especially when the cost of them staying is £65m for a season.

I find it weird when some fans stomp around like a sad ex boyfriend wanting their ex to fall in love with them again. Both want(ed) to go. So we deal with it like grown ups.

Also we have Palmer coming through. City fans spend their whole time saying they want to see our youth come through and then kick off when some space appears for them to grow into.

And whilst we’re at it, if Haaland and Alvarez signed for Chelsea but we had kept Sterling and Jesus (for one season then they walk on a free) I’d be fucking gutted and pissed off with the club, probably because I’m sane.

I’m far more interested in signing an actual left back than I’m bothered about Sterling leaving.
I mentioned this earlier in the thread but worth reiterating - sentiment. A few posters are getting doe - eyed and letting what Raz has done for us cloud their judgement on the current scenario. Been nowhere near the player of 2 or 3 seasons ago, with no guarantee that form will ever return. If he doesn't want to extend fair enough, best wishes and tons of appreciation. The club has to get the best deal for itself.

When a player doesn’t want to be here then off they may fuck. Especially when the cost of them staying is £65m for a season.

I find it weird when some fans stomp around like a sad ex boyfriend wanting their ex to fall in love with them again. Both want(ed) to go. So we deal with it like grown ups.

Also we have Palmer coming through. City fans spend their whole time saying they want to see our youth come through and then kick off when some space appears for them to grow into.

And whilst we’re at it, if Haaland and Alvarez signed for Chelsea but we had kept Sterling and Jesus (for one season then they walk on a free) I’d be fucking gutted and pissed off with the club, probably because I’m sane.

I’m far more interested in signing an actual left back than I’m bothered about Sterling leaving.
I like the sad ex stomping boyfriend analogy, lol although it isn't really applicable for me.

I just gave my opinion on a fan forum, you and others dissagree , fair enough, does that make you right or me right, neither I suspect!

I'm actually really excited for the new season.

Last edited:
I dont think Mossside dislikes him as a person at all. He just thinks he’s not up to our current standard of player which he is perfectly entitled to do. It’s only those who live in top blue land who think it makes you more of a fan of you don’t say what you think.
Lol, I certainly don't think I'm more of a fan than anybody else. I have a different view that's all, i fully respect his view. I'm always staggered that people find that surprising on a fan forum.

If Sterling wants to go then that’s fine; one year left, not the player he was, misses too many chances.

However, he was an integral part of our success and on his day a superb player and a top professional. I wish him well.

The only parts that piss me off is him going to a direct rival where he could bite us on the arse, and the fact that personally my opinion is none of our youth players are anywhere near his level so if one replaces him we’re weaker. If we can sign a proper replacement (Gnabry?) then that‘s fine.

100% true, Sterling is on upwards of 300k a week and has fucked us about for far too long, NO club can allow that, time to say adios and thank you, football is a ruthless business if you want to keep winning.

If Sterling wants to go then that’s fine; one year left, not the player he was, misses too many chances.

However, he was an integral part of our success and on his day a superb player and a top professional. I wish him well.

The only parts that piss me off is him going to a direct rival where he could bite us on the arse, and the fact that personally my opinion is none of our youth players are anywhere near his level so if one replaces him we’re weaker. If we can sign a proper replacement (Gnabry?) then that‘s fine.
I definitely agree with the second part as I believe Chelsea are a rival.

Lol, I certainly don't think I'm more of a fan than anybody else. I have a different view that's all, i fully respect his view. I'm always staggered that people find that surprising on a fan forum.
The club know that though, and they know far more than we do about the player, maybe they have the data that shows he is past his best and is no threat to us in the future.

FWIW, I would prefer Jesus to stay over Raz. What will be will be.
Great managers make good players great, both Sterling and Jesus fall into that category, Sterling especially.

Jesus could be a mistake, he looked a different player at the turn of the year, far more mature, maybe marriage and becoming a father has made him a different person, only time will tell.

Sterling has been a wonderful player for us but in my opinion he has peaked, and it would not surprise me to see him struggle at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.