Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Width
One thing I'd say abut Sterling is, he certainly knows the city/pep system like the back of his hand.

He has had some howlers but on the whole he has been very consistent

I'd like to keep him because of his pace and ability to stretch the game - the problem with Mahrez , Grealish, Silva and Foden despite being world class they are inverted wingers so that would suggest to me we're going to rely very heavily on our FB's next season to create the width and the balls in to Haaland.

I just can't forget how freighting we were when we had Sterling Aguero Sane and I was hoping we could recreate that this year but it seems very unlikely.

I think Serge Gnabry would be an excellent replacement but I would imagine after we sign either Cucurella or another LB our business will be done.
Your width argument falls down at the fact that sterling hardly ever plays on the right and hasn’t done regularly since 18/19.

In Pep's first season, when we started Sterling - Jesus - Sane as the front 3 in a game, he said this is the future of Manchester City. It's a bit disappointing that all 3 are leaving before reaching their peak.
Jesus - not improved since the day he signed. I can't see him turning into a world beater at Arsenal.
Sane - what's he done since he left City? Fuck all.
Sterling - his peak was at City.

If Sterling wants to go then that’s fine; one year left, not the player he was, misses too many chances.

However, he was an integral part of our success and on his day a superb player and a top professional. I wish him well.

The only parts that piss me off is him going to a direct rival where he could bite us on the arse, and the fact that personally my opinion is none of our youth players are anywhere near his level so if one replaces him we’re weaker. If we can sign a proper replacement (Gnabry?) then that‘s fine.
I assume the thinking is that Haaland and Alvarez will replace the two boys leaving in the squad, with Palmer on the fringes, this should work. I fully agree that these lads may well come back to haunt us and wish they were off to Spain or America.

Maybe one of his best crosses in his 7 years but certainly one of the most important. Most people will wish him well and give him a roar if he returns in enemy colours.
I certainly will, hes been a great player for our club. I dont see anyway how we will reduce ourselves to the level of the scousers. Unless he of course does a Milner.

When a player doesn’t want to be here then off they may fuck. Especially when the cost of them staying is £65m for a season.

I find it weird when some fans stomp around like a sad ex boyfriend wanting their ex to fall in love with them again. Both want(ed) to go. So we deal with it like grown ups.

Also we have Palmer coming through. City fans spend their whole time saying they want to see our youth come through and then kick off when some space appears for them to grow into.

And whilst we’re at it, if Haaland and Alvarez signed for Chelsea but we had kept Sterling and Jesus (for one season then they walk on a free) I’d be fucking gutted and pissed off with the club, probably because I’m sane.

I’m far more interested in signing an actual left back than I’m bothered about Sterling leaving.
Well said Leroy!

I assume the thinking is that Haaland and Alvarez will replace the two boys leaving in the squad, with Palmer on the fringes, this should work. I fully agree that these lads may well come back to haunt us and wish they were off to Spain or America.
On the other side of the coin, I think it's brilliant that we allow players who still have something to offer to go to rival clubs in the Premier League, not to the far reaches of frickin' China!
It's a big statement......"Come to City and we will give you a chance to shine, but not stand in your way if it's not working out as you hoped."

I also says City think these boys aren't as big a threat as some on here think!

On the other side of the coin, I think it's brilliant that we allow players who still have something to offer to go to rival clubs in the Premier League, not to the far reaches of frickin' China!
It's a big statement......"Come to City and we will give you a chance to shine, but not stand in your way if it's not working out as you hoped."

I also says City think these boys aren't as big a threat as some on here think!
Viewed positively they may of course score critical goals against the dippers and rags rather than against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.