Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying not to put my 'actual' thoughts down re Sterling as I have no time for fans that 'hate' players and I don't want to be seen as one

I don't 'hate Sterling' - I just don't want him at CITY and have felt that way for years

I really regret Jesus leaving - absolute model professional for me who has never caused any issues about his treatment

I have been singing his praises for years - but I respect his decision and I wish him all the best

Also for years - either at the ground or watching TV - I have been so often saying - FFS Sterling!!!!

I am just so sick of seeing - not just the missed chances - but great moves breaking down/coming to halt/going backwards once the the ball is passed to him

I am actual delighted to hear that he may be leaving and that we will get some money for him - not because I hate the player - I just get sooo fucking frustrated at the continuous fuckups.

I can imagine some of our playmakers groaning when they see the waste of great chances they created

I would be OK with him leaving under any conditions - even better if we get money - because whilst he is with us he will be stopping others getting game time and causing me more seasons of utter frustration
Nailed it.

I am just so sick of seeing - not just the missed chances - but great moves breaking down/coming to halt/going backwards once the the ball is passed to him

I can imagine some of our playmakers groaning when they see the waste of great chances they created

I would be OK with him leaving under any conditions - even better if we get money - because whilst he is with us he will be stopping others getting game time and causing me more seasons of utter frustration
Totally agree. Said it many times, he’s held us back for years. Never rated him.

I have been trying not to put my 'actual' thoughts down re Sterling as I have no time for fans that 'hate' players and I don't want to be seen as one

I don't 'hate Sterling' - I just don't want him at CITY and have felt that way for years

I really regret Jesus leaving - absolute model professional for me who has never caused any issues about his treatment

I have been singing his praises for years - but I respect his decision and I wish him all the best

Also for years - either at the ground or watching TV - I have been so often saying - FFS Sterling!!!!

I am actual delighted to hear that he may be leaving and that we will get some money for him - not because I hate the player - I just get sooo fucking frustrated at the continuous fuckups.

Spot on

Chelsea bans six fans, one for life, for racist abuse of Raheem Sterling​

Chelsea Fans Block Man from Boarding Train in Racially Charged Incident in Paris​

Chelsea fans caught in new racism shame as footage emerges in BBC Three film​

Racist behavior by Chelsea supporters was captured by hidden camera but UEFA decided not to act​

How soon we forget when it suits our agenda

I could have posted endless headlines regarding this horrible bunch of Nazi's

If you're going to judge a fanbase by their worst individuals and incidents then were hardly going to come up smelling like roses.

It's a bit of a silly game to play.

Not sure how Sterling differs in this regard.

It's odd that a certain subsection of our supporters constantly imply that there are issues with his professionalism but never actually give any evidence.

I won't argue with the footballing side of it because everyone has their opinions but you'd think that a guy who has supposedly been holding us back for years because of his lack of ability wouldn't have made it to over 300 games in a side managed by one of the most demanding coaches of all time if he wasn't a model professional.

It just doesn't really add up.

Not sure how Sterling differs in this regard.

It's odd that a certain subsection of our supporters constantly imply that there are issues with his professionalism but never actually give any evidence.

I won't argue with the footballing side of it because everyone has their opinions but you'd think that a guy who has supposedly been holding us back for years because of his lack of ability wouldn't have made it to over 300 games in a side managed by one of the most demanding coaches of all time if he wasn't a model professional.

It just doesn't really add up.
TBF - I was not stating that there are 'issues' other than his playing capability - although I can see why me making the statement I did about Jesus might suggest I was implying that

My statement about Jesus just reflects my admiration for him.

That said - I also think Jesus's playing capability is far superior to Sterling's. I do not count that in terms of stats re goals etc - I cn see it with my own eyes...

For example - Jesus's work rate when tracking back - it is full on and often leads to regaining possession - for me, Sterling basically undertakes some 'shadowing' of the opposition player without really pressing or putting a tackle in

Simply put - I do not rate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.