Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after Torres left and Palmer was hurt we went with basically Foden, Mahrez, Sterling, Grealish, and Gabby the rest of the way...so if Sterling and Gabby are out and Haaland and Alvarez are in plus Palmer returning we are weaker? How so? I personally think we could use one more attacking player, but the squad is not weaker...Phillips is an upgrade over the current Dinho...Cucurella coming in gives a legit natural LB...and Ortega may be an upgrade over Steffen...so again someone has to explain to me how we are weaker...I've done some math and if Raheem goes and Cucurella comes in we are at a net of 56 mil to the good, including the sell off of the younger non 1st team players...I honestly believe my favorite, Bernardo, will leave finally next Summer and we will combine the money we made this year with his fee and move for Bellingham and Nkunku who has a very affordable 60 mil buyout coming into effect...someone please name me a club in better stead than ours anywhere in the world both in the current and in the long term picture...just sayin'...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61908939

Screenshot_20220630-235832_Chrome.jpg

Sterling is pretty decent at what he is, a winger. He's fast, creates chances, makes good runs and chips in with a fair few goals. He works hard too and tracks back. He got shoehorned into trying to play through the middle and he's not great at that. Yes he can frustrate at times but we'll miss him if he goes.
He’s not really a winger. He scores far more than he assists.

Theres a lot of posters on here think that we've already signed Cucurella, let's not throw our caps in the air just yet. If the fee is to high we might just walk away

Doesn't say, just he's extended his contract until 2026. )(
It’s an interesting move. Generally better players in Germany run down their contracts and get sold to Bayern on the cheap.

RBL have managed to avert that.

I guess there is a release clause and they know he’ll be off to the PL soon, or they have paid him enough for that not to matter.

For the time being, at least.

His stats last season were seriously impressive for a winger come striker.

I'd imagine there were no firm bids for him this season as most clubs may want to ensure he can keep that form up for another season.

Leipsig have evidently protected their investment & may have put a high BOC in his contract, or maybe not. They maybe confident he'll do the business next season & they can name their own price without being tied to a BOC. )(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.