Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
People on here complaining that we are selling the academy lads yet at the same time people on here saying that Palmer isn't good enough to be Mahrez understoody.
How do we find out if they are good enough.

Loans to other PL clubs. Or sales with buy back clauses.

I still think a twist is on the cards for sterling and Liverpool or somebody will jump in and sign him or get him on loan

Sure - but I was responding to a post which focused on Palmer as the replacement for Stirling and Jesus, when it's clear he's the smallest part of that solution.

It's also nothing like saying Cancelo would replace Walker - Cancelo was our most used player last year, so he can't replace anyone. It's closer to Pep saying that Foden is replacing David Silva. Clearly Foden was already here, but he was playing a lot less, and now he's a full part of the squad.

I realise Alvarez and Palmer aren't proven (and even Haaland might find the PL a challenge), but surely that's the case with all changes? Pep was happy to let Torres go because he was sure Palmer was ready to step up if needed. Reports are that they are more confident Alvarez will be able to step up more quickly than when they bought him. (Bear in mind that Alvarez has an almost identical record to Darwin Nunez over the past 12 months, is the same age, and is coming from a league that is statistically tougher for strikers than the Portuguese one).

We'll have Foden, Mahrez, Grealish, Silva, Haaland, Alvaraz and Palmer available for three spots up front. With that talent, there's no need to focus on Palmer at all, and adding someone else who is proven doesn't look to be a priority to me.
Exactly...bravo...

let's see. Grealish didn't contribute anything like what Sterling has contributed season after season. I also have an issue with his partying and his potential influence on younger players. Sterling in contrast is a model professional.
I respect your opinion but would say that Grealish has only had one season.

Regarding your concerns over partying and influence, you must surely accept that Pep would not entertain any of that so I think it's fair to say, he is doing nothing to cause concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.