Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Business common sense aside, he's been nowhere near good enough to justify a starting place in our team for at least 18 months.

He has stalled talks and made starting every week, the foundation of his conditions for signing.

The real question is, was starting every week a convenient ruse, and why did he not bring his best form to ensure an even stronger bargaining position?

My own view is that he always intended to run his deal down and just fancied a change of scene, has been found out by better players and a manager who was always just waiting for him to prove him wrong.

I think you nailed it.. it was always going to be about money from him and City said no..

1656943987323.png

I just hope we sign a similar player to replace him.

We need at least one player who can get round the back with quick acceleration.

I know Pep likes technical players but we don’t them all being too similar.

Raheem might has lost possession of the ball more than the rest but no one can compete in terms of his directness and timing of his quick runs.
I think you probably need to accept now that we won't be replacing him. Sam Lee, Jack gaughan and Pol ballus have all said now that palmer will step up and sterling will not be replaced. The sterling money will go to cucurella if we can get him. If ake leaves, which isn't expected, we will sign a CB. If bernardo leaves, hopefully v.unlikely, we would sign a midfielder. That's it- the window is done if we can get cucrella after sterling leaves and no one else leaves.

I just hope we sign a similar player to replace him.

We need at least one player who can get round the back with quick acceleration.

I know Pep likes technical players but we don’t them all being too similar.

Raheem might has lost possession of the ball more than the rest but no one can compete in terms of his directness and timing of his quick runs.
Foden, Grealish, Alvarez, Haaland, KDB, Bernardo, Mahrez, Carlos Borges, Cole Palmer and James McAtee, as a combination of players, is clever, skilful, technically sound, quick and determined. I cannot think of anything that they do not have. In addition, Phillips will potentially allow KDB and Bernardo to be more free than they have been, creating havoc further up the pitch.
Raz has been great for us, but hasn't played as much and has suffered with his form. Any team going into the new season with what we have, should feel very confident indeed, or very excited, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.