Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you nailed it.. it was always going to be about money from him and City said no..

View attachment 48698

The offer he had from City was already supposed to be higher than his current deal.

There's no professional footballer in the world agreeing to the same salary in 2022 as they had in 2017, you'd be an idiot to do so when Premier League revenues have gone up 50% in that time frame.

All the best Raz, i think it's the best for both parties but i still think there will be times when we miss him.

131 goals and 94 assists in 337 appearances. He might miss the odd sitter but he has done a great job for us.
More than the odd sitter however he is far from a villain. As city clearly feel too it’s time for a fresh start for all involved. He could have stuck it out, still started for England as Southgate loves him then got a healthy signing on next year. He’s getting us a fee and probably more game time for himself, whilst moving back to his home. London.

it seems that neither the terms between sterling/chelsea and city/chelsea are agreed...thought sterling and chelsea would be clear...perhaps transfer isn`t that advanced than reports suggested..demanded wages and fee are expensive for a player with one year left on the contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.