Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll miss him.

No player is perfect and in the moment he's often been a frustrating watch. But he's also been an exciting watch, and has scored plenty of goals and been a key part of our success over recent years.

I don't begrudge him being a little reserved. I sympathise with that personality type, and I think given the shit that's been thrown at him over the years he's entitled to be a little wary of putting himself out there all the time.

The past year or so, he hasn't looked particularly happy to be here, so although I'd have happily kept him to the end of his contract, or offered him a new one to keep him longer, it seems like the right thing for him to move on.

I wish he wasn't going to Chelsea, and would have much rather seen him go abroad. But if it's what's best for him then I wish him well. I hope they love him, and that he doesn't get the abuse up and down the country playing for them that he's had for us. And I hope that when he plays against us we can teach the scousers a thing or two about letting a player go to a rival in a dignified and respectful manner.

His pace and movement will be a big loss, not to mention his goal contributions. We've got a few players who need to step up and fill the gap he leaves.
Very well put. An underrated player with a big heart and a great work ethic who was a credit to City! The fact he's one of our Top Ten goalscorers - and not too far behind the likes of Bell, Franny Lee and Billy Meredith speaks for itself. Sorry to see him go as I also empathise with the kid and loved watching him play, but onwards and upwards for Raheem and us.

Not that bothered about him leaving but I am concerned for the mental health of the 93.20 Podcast whom, to a man, all seem to think he is just about the greatest player seen in a City shirt for the last 25 years. He's been too inconsistent for too long now and as others have rightly mentioned, Pep and his team don't seem that perturbed by him leaving.
Wasn't trusted to start the big games at the end of last season in the league and CL latter stages (hauled off at home to AM in the 1st leg for a decidedly iffy performance & a truly abysmal performance away at Wolves being two).
Would be excellent for 45 minutes and you'd think...Raz is back and then, would follow that up with 225 minutes of, at times, near nothingness. When was the last time you can recall him winning a big match for us? Kev would do that every few weeks.
Like everyone else, I wish him all the best but I don't expect to be sitting here lamenting his departure in a few years time.
Well said, my thoughts exactly.

Not that bothered about him leaving but I am concerned for the mental health of the 93.20 Podcast whom, to a man, all seem to think he is just about the greatest player seen in a City shirt for the last 25 years. He's been too inconsistent for too long now and as others have rightly mentioned, Pep and his team don't seem that perturbed by him leaving.
Wasn't trusted to start the big games at the end of last season in the league and CL latter stages (hauled off at home to AM in the 1st leg for a decidedly iffy performance & a truly abysmal performance away at Wolves being two).
Would be excellent for 45 minutes and you'd think...Raz is back and then, would follow that up with 225 minutes of, at times, near nothingness. When was the last time you can recall him winning a big match for us? Kev would do that every few weeks.
Like everyone else, I wish him all the best but I don't expect to be sitting here lamenting his departure in a few years time.

"When do you recall winning a big match for us?"

The Villa game was pretty fucking big and we looked absolutely nowhere near it until he put the first on a plate for Gundogan. That's what we'll miss. Someone who can run at people with speed.

People are so quick to forget what he's done.

The Villa game was pretty fucking big and we looked absolutely nowhere near it until he put the first on a plate for Gundogan. That's what we'll miss. Someone who can run at people with speed.

I don’t think anyone will forget what he has done for us mate, but we are moving on, he wasn’t prepared to sign a new deal and we have got a decent amount of money for a player entering the last 12 months of his contract.

You can think it’s a valid viewpoint if you want. But yes, I think it very likely that Pep might just have a better idea than you or I as to if we need to replace Sterling.

His sale isn’t remotely unexpected by the management so it’s not like they’ve been caught on the hop.

Also I can act like people are out of their mind if I want. Just like you and others can act like lovesick teenagers at a footballer leaving the club. It’s all dandy.
Why post like a teenager?

Yeah he’s always known for taking a man on and dinking to the far post. Give me strength. He has pace, never uses it. Balotelli assisted the most important goal in our history but he was still a waste of space. Not that Sterling is of course and he done a lot. Just not a lot for a couple of years now

Yeah he’s always known for taking a man on and dinking to the far post. Give me strength. He has pace, never uses it. Balotelli assisted the most important goal in our history but he was still a waste of space. Not that Sterling is of course and he done a lot. Just not a lot for a couple of years now

To be fair we've not had anyone really of note who wins headers. But the point stands. Next season if a team plays how Villa do what will we do? Mahrez had a mare, Sterling was the guy who came on and helped change the game. That's what we'll miss

To be fair we've not had anyone really of note who wins headers. But the point stands. Next season if a team plays how Villa do what will we do? Mahrez had a mare, Sterling was the guy who came on and helped change the game. That's what we'll miss
We’ll only miss it, if we don’t replace him mate. Maybe palmer steps up or we get someone in who can do the same or maybe better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.