Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit disappointed with the 47.5m fee, was hoping it would be more like 55-60 after add ons. I’m already looking forward to seeing the battle between him and Walker next season when he returns.
Don't be greedy , great deal and don't forget to factor in wages of 250k plus a week we have saved.

Mixed feelings on this one. At his best he was excellent but then he could be frustratingly average. Don’t like strengthening other prem teams and I have no doubt he will do very well for next season or two but then more likely to be like he was for us. Hope he’s injured when we play Chelsea.

Got to assume selling him and Jesus is to fund a replacement.
We’ve sold Jesus and Sterling and bought Haaland and Alvarez. Two forwards for two forwards.

It is being reported that Chelsea are giving him a six year deal on £300k a week. By my reckoning that is £90m in wages for a guy who would be 33/34 at the end of the contract. It is 100% right that we have let him go and just about made a profit on him.
He’ll be on more than that. He was on £300k/wk here.

We’ve sold Jesus and Sterling and bought Haaland and Alvarez. Two forwards for two forwards.
Exactly. Quite obvious there's going to be a change in the style of play and we had surplus in some areas.

We're still left with:

Haaland (albeit centrally)

Foden
Grealish
Mahrez
Alvarez
Palmer
Bernardo

That's more than adequate cover. In fact, I'm adamant there were times last season fans were calling for Foden to stop being wasted as a false 9. There's more opportunity for him to play wide / a fluid role now.

Exactly. Quite obvious there's going to be a change in the style of play and we had surplus in some areas.

We're still left with:

Haaland (albeit centrally)

Foden
Grealish
Mahrez
Alvarez
Palmer
Bernardo

That's more than adequate cover. In fact, I'm adamant there were times last season fans were calling for Foden to stop being wasted as a false 9. There's more opportunity for him to play wide / a fluid role now.
Indeed.

There are about 35 different front three combinations we can have with those 7 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.