Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding?

A match winner?

In our title winning season he literally won more points than anybody with his goals, those last minute winners v Bournemouth, Southampton for example.

Tap ins lol another shit stick to beat a player with, rather say that than say incredible movement to be consistently unmarked in the 6 yard box, the timing of his run etc.

Your post is one of the worst I have read for revisionism or justification for a dislike of somebody.

Anyway enjoy these match winning moments you may have forgotten about while you delight in his transfer away from City.

That was four years ago, talk about revisionism ! The last 3 yeats he's been average at best. I'll give you the Southampton winner and the mis hit away at Bournemouth but can we subtract the open goal misses in so many crucial games, e.g. Lyon in the CL, Liverpool in the 2016 final, Burnley, etc,etc. As for the winning more points than anybody in that title season you must be joking. It was the likes of Silva, KDB, Bernardo,Gundo,etc who literally laid those goals on plate for him. He didn't win us the league, just made a contribution, but not as big as those mentioned.Name a single game over the years he has been with us when he won us a big game v a top six side with a great goal out of nothing or creation for others.Theres no need to be personal just because others disagree with you ! As I said, he's been good player for us and I agree re his posional sense but personally I'm glad he's gone and think we will be better without him, if you don't mind me giving my opinion !

Good luck to him but I think he'll come to regret this move.
He has always proved himself, he was pillared for leaving the dippers and look how badly that turned out ;)

Good luck to him and I would not bet against him proving you wrong.

Convinced he was off when he didn't bother with the parade. Gave family reasons but not having that. Bit of a cold fish at times.
Good point.

I watched the city all or nothing again a few weeks ago……had a little chuckle at the bit where pep and arteta are talking about a Sterling miss……kind of dis believing and conspiratorial, like wtf how did he miss….I wonder whether this type of pressure was a bit too much for the lad at times and led to some very mediocre performances.

Good point.

I watched the city all or nothing again a few weeks ago……had a little chuckle at the bit where pep and arteta are talking about a Sterling miss……kind of dis believing and conspiratorial, like wtf how did he miss….I wonder whether this type of pressure was a bit too much for the lad at times and led to some very mediocre performances.

He seems to overthink things in the crucial moment which I think stopped him progressing to be an elite player. If you look at Aguero with his finishing or David Silva being able to put a pass on a plate, they have the instinct to do it without thinking. That split second where Sterling thinks the chance is gone or he decides to take another touch.

This move works for everybody, he has been a big part of our success since he came but other players have over taken him in the team. Good luck at Chelsea but don’t score against us.

We have mugged Chelsea off here, he won't last 2 min at Chelsea

Sterling had great stats but when you dig abit deeper his performances and goalscoring record in arguably our 2 biggest games of the season Utd/Liverpool were shocking.

Calling him a ”yer da” makes you look like a knobhead too.

What he’s coming from is that he doesn’t care if his team is the least supported (even in the UK). It’s not a popularity contest and he has supported this team when this club were very unpopular outside of the UK.
A-fucking-men although I’m pissing myself laughing at how much of a tit he made of himself by saying “yer da”. Fucking plastic.

That was four years ago, talk about revisionism ! The last 3 yeats he's been average at best. I'll give you the Southampton winner and the mis hit away at Bournemouth but can we subtract the open goal misses in so many crucial games, e.g. Lyon in the CL, Liverpool in the 2016 final, Burnley, etc,etc. As for the winning more points than anybody in that title season you must be joking. It was the likes of Silva, KDB, Bernardo,Gundo,etc who literally laid those goals on plate for him. He didn't win us the league, just made a contribution, but not as big as those mentioned.Name a single game over the years he has been with us when he won us a big game v a top six side with a great goal out of nothing or creation for others.Theres no need to be personal just because others disagree with you ! As I said, he's been good player for us and I agree re his posional sense but personally I'm glad he's gone and think we will be better without him, if you don't mind me giving my opinion !
I'm also glad he has gone and believe we will be the better for it

Contributed in a great era for our club, but these last couple of seasons have really highlighted major flaws in his game e.g. touch, control and decision making so much so, he was being dropped more frequently by Pep.

Far too inconsistent for me and don't think that will change him in.

Wish him well in his private life, but not bothered one iota how he performs for Chelsea.

We have mugged Chelsea off here, he won't last 2 min at Chelsea

Sterling had great stats but when you dig abit deeper his performances and goalscoring record in arguably our 2 biggest games of the season Utd/Liverpool were shocking.
Yea you’re right non of his 130 goals or 90+ assists were important. What a waster he was.

Sometime you just need a fresh starts

We've got 7 brilliant years from Sterling

He repaid the £49mil we spent on him and then some

But his performances, while a lot better than people make out, have dipped the last 2 seasons

With the wages he's on, the performacnes, and the big chances in the big games that he missed...it makes sense for all parties

£47.5mil is a great deal for someone on his wages and with a year left on his deal

Fully expect to see a replacement for him coming

Good luck Raz, you've been a grest servant and you deserve to be the main man at a big club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.