Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a good player in there somewhere, we've seen that. Maybe that kind of challenge would wake him up again.
Maybe, but for a team who will be lucky to avoid relagation he'd be low down on my priority list.

Unless I could get a move to Madrid, Barca or Paris, personally speaking, I would go for it with Newcastle.

The first person that goes with them will be treated like a God and Sterling could easily demand £500k a week and get it.

They need to break a glass ceiling and if Raheem wants to play every week and be in on something totally left field, I would take the punt.

He's won practically everything there is to win and he's not playing every week for Madrid, Paris. Possibly Barca, as they are so far off it.

Not at this point.

If the Newcastle takeover was 2 or 3 years down the line already then maybe.

Players like Raheem would want to know that Newcastle are steady and not in a relegation battle, that managers will be fairly stable and what other players are brought in.

Until then only players who are persuaded by money will go to them.

I don't think Sterling has player well for over a year.

However when the same happened with John Stones did he get the abuse off City fans that Sterling is getting?

I don't think Sterling has player well for over a year.

However when the same happened with John Stones did he get the abuse off City fans that Sterling is getting?
From some, yes. Its nothing new. I'm gutted that his form has dropped off a cliff and will happily post about how poor he's been but I've never been personnel or slagged him off as a person, just his performances.
I was also one of the few fighting his corner week in week out whilst he was getting unfairly scapegoated.
Unfortunately even I'm struggling to defend him recently.

he may be crap but he's not an idiot, literally the only player Newcastle have who's better than him is in his position in Saint-Maximin.
I'd take Saint Maximin in a swap deal with Sterling going the other way....any day of the week! It may seem 'like for like' in terms of pros and cons, but I believe Saint Maximin has a lot more upside potential under Pep and could become sensational

For one, lol.

For two, this is why it’s never worth getting emotionally involved with the majority of players that put on the sky blue shirt. They care as much for our club as you do for your employer.

If he goes back there will the narrative from the media change and he will no longer be a mercenary I wonder?

And he's asked to go to Liverpool?
Not that I’m aware of. I think you’re getting stuck and thinking my post was solely about the Liverpool story. I believe it to be bollocks hence the “firstly, lol”

…but, it wouldn’t surprise me all the same. There’s not a part of him that wouldn’t move back with the reason being that he cares for this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.