Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how many fans think Sterling's last two seasons are what to judge him on. When last season his stats were significantly better than several other attacking players in our quad. Including our record signing Grealish. Over 4 x the goals and 2 x the assists in just over the same minutes as Jack last season.

At least we all know what Jack has got to do next season to placate some of you lot. If he doesnt do signifantly better than Sterling this season gone, i fully expect you all to be baying for his blood. Lets wait and see shall we??!

The worst part about this is I just know that some people are never going to let it go. There will be a game week where Sterling scores a couple and we get a draw or something and the usual lot will be on here saying we shouldn’t have sold him, the whole team is shit, what a mistake it is blah blah blah.

We’ll never hear the end of it.
To be fair I don’t think many if any are saying we shouldn’t sell him. Quite a few would have preferred him to stay but understand if he wasn’t extending we are right to let him go and get a decent fee.
The arguments are more with those appreciating the above and those saying we better off without him and he wasn’t that good anyway.

The worst part about this is I just know that some people are never going to let it go. There will be a game week where Sterling scores a couple and we get a draw or something and the usual lot will be on here saying we shouldn’t have sold him, the whole team is shit, what a mistake it is blah blah blah.

Well when there are people on here slagging Sterling for missing sitters and not laying on a final ball and therefore being poor or rubbish as you say like the season just gone where he only got13 PL goals and 6 PL assists, let's see how those people judge others in the team that have performed nowhere near that level this season just gone.

I fully expect you and others to be on here slagging Grealish if he doesn't get way over 13 goals and 6 assists next season. It wouldn't be fair otherwise would it, if you didn't judge them on the same basis.

Well when there are people on here slagging Sterling for missing sitters and not laying on a final ball and therefore being poor or rubbish as you say like the season just gone where he only got13 PL goals and 6 PL assists, let's see how those people judge others in the team that have performed nowhere near that level this season just gone.

I fully expect you and others to be on here slagging Grealish if he doesn't get way over 13 goals and 6 assists next season. It wouldn't be fair otherwise would it, if you didn't judge them on the same basis.

Have you quoted the wrong person? As nothing of what you said is related to what I wrote.

There seems to be a misconception that if you have a certain amount of goals and assists then you are a bettter player than someone with less. Maybe shots on target, successful dribbles past one or more opponents, chance creating passes played forwards, and misses that hit a post or crossbar could be included. While we are at it a running total of misses inside the area, missed 1 on 1's or not hitting the target could paint a truer picture of a players form.

There seems to be a misconception that if you have a certain amount of goals and assists then you are a bettter player than someone with less. Maybe shots on target, successful dribbles past one or more opponents, chance creating passes played forwards, and misses that hit a post or crossbar could be included. While we are at it a running total of misses inside the area, missed 1 on 1's or not hitting the target could paint a truer picture of a players form.

We are in a world where opta stats and FIFA 2022 rankings give you the real value of a player to the team.

Forget that going to a game and seeing a player play and making your own mind up, that's so 1900's.

In post-match threads, when we lose, people want Mancini back.

I would agree that if after 7 years of being here, he doesn't post those numbers, he would be criticised.

Stats are useful, but they never tell the full story. The truth is Raz has had 2 below average seasons. While his numbers have been somewhat decent, some of his decision making in the final third has just baffled me.

No way could we guarantee a 1st team spot for him and so while he was a decent servant to the club, it was the right time for him to leave.

As for Grealish, he has this season to prove himself.

I have a much better barometer of talent than stats its a two points measure.
Point 1 does the manager select a player frequently
Point 2 Does the team win a lot of games and trophies.

If the answer to both is yes then the player is probably a vey good player and a valuable member of the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.