Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’d be fucking stupid to allow him to start a new season undecided and walk for free next summer (or sign for a foreign club just after Christmas - again for next summer).

But we aren’t fucking stupid, so that’s not going to happen. He will either sign a new contract (he won’t) or he’s off this summer (is where my money is)
If those are is 2 options though, then whats to say when he decides in a week or whenever he's said he will, that we aren't his best option. If his choices are chelsea or us I wouldn't be surprised if its us. If the choices include Madrid then maybe I can see Madrid winning out, or even Barcelona but do't think they are options.

We’d be fucking stupid to allow him to start a new season undecided and walk for free next summer (or sign for a foreign club just after Christmas - again for next summer).

But we aren’t fucking stupid, so that’s not going to happen. He will either sign a new contract (he won’t) or he’s off this summer (is where my money is)

Not our decision though, is it? If he wants to run his contract down (and to be fair, there's no real indication that's the case) then there's not a whole lot City can do about it

So reports that Sterling will decide next two weeks about his future! Still not sure what he will do!?

Tough decision for him he signs a new contract and he will get plenty of games but the most important ones? He goes to Chelsea he probably start all the important games seeing he be there star signing but trophy wise are they close to us enough to win the league?

The best option for him in my opinion is to stick it out this season see how he does in a team with a player like Haaland try to get back to where we know he can and make Job harder for
Pep not to pick him in the big games then assess his situation after this season..
If it was me i would sit him down and get him to sign a new contract and have an understanding with him that if things work out then great, if not, we can sell him for what he's really worth.

If you'd told me when we signed Raheem that he'd go on to score 131 goals in 339 games (with 95 assists), win 4 Premier League titles, win the FA Cup (scoring twice in the final), win the League Cup 4 times(Score winning pen in shoot out), and reach the Champions League semi-final at least three times, I'd have been delighted. He should be regarded as a legend.

Frustrating at times, of course. He was hideously out of form towards the end of the 20/21 season and he's always got a missed sitter in him, but I always thought those frustrations were more than worth the brilliance he brought elsewhere. Our most intelligent player, bar none - always knows exactly where to be when receiving the ball.

The stick he gets has always driven me up the wall. As soon as he's gone, I can guarantee that a lot of people on this forum will change their perspective on him and start complaining that "we never replaced him". Dzeko and Kolarov were two players we didn't appreciate while they were here and sadly Raheem is another. The boy is a star.

His crucial goals made 17/18 the procession that it was. Scored a 97th minute winner at Bournemouth to kick that season off, scored two late goals against Huddersfield & Soton to stretch our lead to 11 points, scored the only goal at Newcastle to give us 18 wins on the bounce. Then against Spurs at Wembley to effectively win the league.

It's also easy to forget that he walked onto the pitch for that 4-1 win at home to Spurs in 2017 and scored two goals almost immediately after being racially assaulted outside the CFA. The boy is a born leader, a superb role model, a credit to his family, and a fine example to any young lad who wants to make something of themselves.

If he is to go, then I'll miss him so much. I do think his time is just about up and if Pep sees this as the chance to kickstart a rebuild, then I trust him. But Raheem always brought something different and he consistently brought it on the biggest stage this club has ever known. All while dealing with a racist media who despised him.

I hope he doesn't go because I think there's still a use for him here, but if he fancies going elsewhere then good luck to him (except when he plays against City). Every player has faults, so what? Raheem's been more than worth the cash we paid, a terrific ambassador for City while he's worn the shirt, and he should go with all of our best wishes.
We will need a decent left back against him also

I know @BillyShears has liked this but Billy has been way off on Sterling for ages. The bloke (Sterling) had his team twerking at Barca and Chelsea for over 12 months. He’s finished at City. He’s not been pushed out, his ego seeks a move.

All the best Raheem, thanks for the goals and your part in our domestic success over the last 7 years. I think we’ve had the best of you and you’ll find it’s not as easy nor the grass quite so green elsewhere.

ya that's why I said , we will know soon enough. It's either a new contract OR we sell him - no running down contract

I know @BillyShears has liked this but Billy has been way off on Sterling for ages. The bloke (Sterling) had his team twerking at Barca and Chelsea for over 12 months. He’s finished at City. He’s not been pushed out, his ego seeks a move.

All the best Raheem, thanks for the goals and your part in our domestic success over the last 7 years. I think we’ve had the best of you and you’ll find it’s not as easy nor the grass quite so green elsewhere.
If that's how you feel about Sterling, I imagine you're furious with Bernardo.

Not our decision though, is it? If he wants to run his contract down (and to be fair, there's no real indication that's the case) then there's not a whole lot City can do about it
If he does that, his international place would be in doubt because he'd be playing hardly any games for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.