Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a player. One of the main actors in Guardiola's success in taking city to levels maybe never seen again in english club football.

He certainly wasn't consistently brilliant over the last two seasons as he was in the seasons prior so a good deal for both city and chelsea.

Best of luck to him

Yes but factor in his record over the years, he' a full England international, even his profile. then if we'd got less than Jesus, say 35-40- I'd have been a little dissapointed. I think £45 mill plus addons is just about the right price. I'd ask if it was us buyimg from Chelsea do you think he'd be less than £45 mill?
I wouldn't say that was one of Sterling's most valuable attributes. After all, Harry Maguire is a full England International.

Would we buy anyone from Chelsea?
Probably not at the moment but would it happen in the future? I highly doubt it.
I am sorry to see him go, he has been a great player for us but he is a London lad and we have got a very good price for him.
However I am disappointed with have sold him to a rival that could challenge us for the league, I feel this is a mistake by the club.

Replacing people that regularly score goals, make assists, and generally play matches, with players that do the same.

Which Palmer doesn't. Big expectation that, to go from 4 cameos to contributing 20+ goals. Grealish hasn't really either. Alvarez might, as he has, in Argentina mind you.

Palmer is not a replacement for Sterling, don't be fucking daft. Not this season at least. He isn't even a replacement ffs, as he is already here and was while Sterling was.
You do realise there less pressure on goals from wide forwards when we’ve just bought possibly the best striker on the planet (who I notice you don’t mention).

Simple question, do you think we shall score or fewer PL goals this coming season than last?

If we score more then surely we’ve strengthened our attack?

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that was one of Sterling's most valuable attributes. After all, Harry Maguire is a full England International.
Yes and he went for £80, I think you are underestimating how those at other clubs see Sterling and Sterling is a good England player unlike Maguire.

personally don't really care if he does a video or not,i haven't watched the gabby one and i wouldn't watch the raheem one, big fan of his at city , he came in for imo unfair stick on bluemoon off certain posters , done a great job for us,hope he stays healthy and happy but does fuck all in his football career from here on.

as long as we bring in better options than the players leaving im happy

And that's the issue. Al is the key. We know what Thor brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.