Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful...I mentioned that one time in a post, once, and some guy jumped all over me, called me a scouser, and said he was putting me on ignore...he went ballistic...like I give two shits...
I had an operation in my stomach last Thursday. I wish I could give two shits - one would be bliss.
;-)

But he gets in better positions with more frequency than pretty much any other player we have.

It doesn't matter how much more clinical another player is if they're not getting in those positions.

xG is just as useless as any other stat when you remove the context around it.
You’re arguing that he creates those chances by being there. He’s told to get into those positions, the same as Gundogan was when he came on against Villa.

The fact is, Sterling misses too many of those chances once he’s there, chances which average finishers would score.

506DB95B-4F10-4D75-B072-374F2B541092.jpeg

Tugay One Cup said:
But he gets in better positions with more frequency than pretty much any other player we have.

It doesn't matter how much more clinical another player is if they're not getting in those positions.

bluesteel said:
You’re arguing that he creates those chances by being there.

That is incorrect. I'm sure you don't need to be told but football is a team sport; nobody makes the cross that they get on the end of.

I think you know exactly what I'm saying, even if you'd rather avoid it for the sake of half arsed statistical analysis.

I've not got a clue what you're saying.

This is true and I like xG. Actually Sterling has an OK xG. You can’t miss them if you aren’t there in the first place. If you get a player that can do both you have, well….Haaland.

Are you sure you're not just reading and believing all the crap about how city have held his career back?

I too think we're making a mistake but only because he's feared when he plays for city. I don't see that same threat when he plays for England. That and because he's coming into his prime.

He is the main threat when playing for England and would be a major asset for us next season if he stays

I've not got a clue what you're saying.

The fact is, Sterling misses too many of those chances once he’s there, chances which average finishers would score.

The fact that he's scored 131 goals for us while allegedly being a poor finisher should provide all the understanding you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.