Raheem Sterling nominated for BBC Sports Personality of the Year

He won England the World cup. It's first ever.
I have no interest in cricket and now being based in the US know even less about the game other than England won the one day world cup.
I understand he had a spectacular last over or the over time over. So my question is.... Is he up for it it solely based on that one over, the game, the tournament or the whole season?
I am asking as i have no idea myself.

SPOTY used to be an absolutely brilliant watch now it’s just a politically correct piece of virtue signalling shite paying fawning tribute to sports “stars” noone’s fucking heard of.
Really pleased that Raz is getting recognition but as a player in a team game was he fundamental enough to our success to warrant winning an award for individual achievement ? Not for me.

But I can’t envisage any fair and balanced judgement failing to give us the team of the year award if they still have it although I realise some physically impaired lesbian women’s hockey team from the Asian sub continent are probably a shoo in as things stand.

I have no interest in cricket and now being based in the US know even less about the game other than England won the one day world cup.
I understand he had a spectacular last over or the over time over. So my question is.... Is he up for it it solely based on that one over, the game, the tournament or the whole season?
I am asking as i have no idea myself.

He was instrumental in the whole tournament - which was played for nearly 2 months and the ashes test series.

BBC sports personality of the year is a joke, always has been and always will be.

Say's everything about the dinosaur that is the BBC.

He will have no chance, all the bitter dippers will use at least a months worth of dole to vote for all the other nominees.
The voting is more bent than VAR, the winner will have been decided months ago.

If the BBC want to go for the token black guy, Hamilton or Sterling will win it.

My money is on Raheem.

SPOTY should be just about sports achievement and nothing to do about racism.

Why?

He’s a sportsman, who uses his personality and experience to try and change the game for the good. All whilst being relatively at the top of his game for club and country winning a historic domestic quadruple.

I must be missing something.

Why?

He’s a sportsman, who uses his personality and experience to try and change the game for the good. All whilst being relatively at the top of his game for club and country winning a historic domestic quadruple.

I must be missing something.
It's not called the anti racism awards.
It's called SPOTY . It's not based on a person's personality. As I quoted in an earlier post here's a couple of past winners.
Andy Murray
Ryan Giggs

Personality= famous person.

On The One Show last night they revealed the 6th and last nominee, Katerina Johnson-Thompson. Cue a recorded ringing endorsement from Alexander-Arnold and Oxlade-Chamberlain dressed in full dipper kit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.