Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
hes also injured
Bloody hell! You turn your back for a second…

How long until Delap is fit?
Or maybe we play Phil there? Or Kev, with Phil and Bernie tucked in behind him in midfield and Mahrez and Grealish out wide?

sterling will be known for missing them BIG chances by everybody in football
its a well known fact that his finishing is the weakest part of his game when under pressure.
great player and can be ruthless at times but he can be wasteful all at the same time ? maybe its pep setup of a false 9 and calling them forwards that we ask far to much from our wide players (wingers)

maybe we need to look at the figures from sterling and the other wide players that score goals as a unit and not a single striker.. its hard because we are winning silverware and titles but the champions league is the big one and you may only get that one chance you need to bag ? answers the question would you bet everything you own when sterling is clean through one and one with only the keeper to beat
No

Can only see this going to a parting of ways.
With Sterling essentially third choice at city in his preferred position, both ahead of him england teammates, his world cup position is under serious threat. Only so long southgates good faith can keep him in the team and he knows it.
Highly unlikely to beat out both of them so looking to leave.

Wouldn’t mind him going and think he’ll be better for it. He’s not a possession team player. So put him elsewhere and he may get back some form, but doubt its here

Bloody hell! You turn your back for a second…

How long until Delap is fit?
Or maybe we play Phil there? Or Kev, with Phil and Bernie tucked in behind him in midfield and Mahrez and Grealish out wide?
Probably after Christmas but then there is getting him match fit. He’ll be fortunate to play much this season, and this season he’s been anything but fortunate.

Can only see this going to a parting of ways.
With Sterling essentially third choice at city in his preferred position, both ahead of him england teammates, his world cup position is under serious threat. Only so long southgates good faith can keep him in the team and he knows it.
Highly unlikely to beat out both of them so looking to leave.

Wouldn’t mind him going and think he’ll be better for it. He’s not a possession team player. So put him elsewhere and he may get back some form, but doubt its here
i dont think hes been good for england since final

I've never forgiven him for the sitters he missed in the 2018 derby when we could have won the league. Harsh I know, but at crunch moments, even when he was at the top of his form, his finishing and final ball invariably let him down.

He must be suffering some weird cognitive dissonance. On the one hand he's a archived a huge amount at City, has become a media darling (after years of abuse), performed well for England and is being lauded and marketed as much more than a footballer. On the other hand he rarely beats a man these days, has a poor range of passing and is an abysmal finisher. The discrepancy between the footballing reality and the public projection is vast.

He may have too many people around him telling him what he could be, how important he's become and how it's everyone else's fault when things go wrong on the pitch.

Last edited:
Quite funny that he is getting replaced by somebody who was his backup in the national team.

I've never forgiven him for the sitters he missed in the 2018 derby when we could have won the league. Harsh I know, but at crunch moments, even when he was at the top of his form, his finishing and final ball invariably let him down.

He must be suffering some weird cognitive dissonance. On the one hand he's a archived a huge amount at City, has become a media darling (after years of abuse), performed well for England and is being lauded and marketed as much more than a footballer. On the other hand he rarely beats a man these days, has a poor range of passing and is an abysmal finisher. The discrepancy between the footballing reality and the public projection is vast.

He may have too many people around him telling him what he could be, how important he's become and how it's everyone else's fault when things go wrong on the pitch.
If he was a top class finisher we would have been at least 4-0 up at half time in that match. Instead we lost to the Rags and it still upsets me to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.