Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

You werent a fan of raz even when he was good

When are the school holidays over
Sarcastic comments won't do you any good with me.

I am 42 and probably played more football in one month than you have played in your whole life. I also know a fair amount about the history of the game - likely far more than you.

Think on that before making snarky comments.

But I know you are generally looked down on here anyway.

Ultimately, what people think of Raheem Sterling does not determine their football IQ. He will be a footnote in the history of the game. And as I said, I predicted he would fail at Chelsea whereas a genius fangirl like you probably thought he'd be brilliant there.

Don't be a prick to me or you'll get it back 10 times worse. It's people like you who have no insight into football and simply resort to ad hominems and snide one-liners who make forums a worse place. So congratulations.

Last edited:
I see that you have "neutral" listed as "team supported".
I'm curious as to how much of City did you watch while Sterling was with us?
A lot, as I take an interest in high quality football. I have been watching Sterling since his Liverpool days.

By 'neutral' I mean I don't actively support any club (I walked away from the club I did support as a kid because I am repulsed by its political views, and refuse to start supporting someone else like a glory hunter).

He's very much a guy who is technically limited but has great workrate and off the ball movement. He's also constantly defended based on his output, rather than his all-round game. That's not my type of player.

Ultimately, he's gone to Chelsea and proved me right that he's well on the way down. So I would say I am winning with what i think of him.

He was good at City, of course, but cost you in a few big games with his laughably bad finishing.

The fact is, Man City do have some players who some people won't rate.

I have raved about enough of your players - expecting people to drool over 100 percent of them is tribal nonsense.

You will have less talented players, even if they do accumulate stats, and Sterling is one of those in my opinion. I just never really rated him and it's telling that all his best seasons came under Pep - he made him look far better than he is, as he's probably the greatest coach ever.

I mean, anyone who says he ISN'T technically scrappy, is a liar.

Played more than 300 games for City, scored more than 100 goals, and won a bucket load of trophies.

One of the greatest players in our history. If he'd played for us in the 60s and 70s you'd have older heads (rightly) getting misty eyed over him and saying they don't make players like him anymore.

Represented the club with dignity and pride, was integral to the attacking flair of the highest-scoring and most dominant team in Premier League history, and won back-to-back PL titles on two occasions.

Along with Fred Tilson, Gabriel Jesus, and Ilkay Gundogan, he's one of only four players in Manchester City's entire history to score two goals in an FA Cup final, and one of only 51 players to represent City in a European final.

And let's not forget the day he was attacked outside of the training ground - in an assault that was later revealed to be a racist hate crime - but brushed it off and scored two big goals against Spurs for our club in an important game.

Deserves more respect from our fans than he gets. One of the very few players in our recent history who people seem to think was good in spite of his ability rather than because of it. Delighted we had him, £44m was a bargain.

Sterling was fantastic for us but I think he is on the decline. He should go abroad, take a pay cut, and he may rekindle his form.

You can't leave it at that.
It's easy.

I formed a bond with the club as a boy, before I became politically and morally conscious. Then (even though it took a while) I broke that connection as an adult because I didn't wanna engage in cognitive dissonance i.e. supporting and wanting the best for a club where I hated the political views.

Basically, I lean left of centre, and this club is as right-wing and racist as it gets. Many horrible thuggish fans. I am pretty sure people can put 2 and 2 together based on my posting history. I am not gonna associate myself as a person with that.

And I wasn't gonna just start 'supporting' Pep's Barca or Pep's City, with zero connection to Barcelona or Manchester, no family history of supporting those clubs, even though for me they've been the two best teams to watch (club wise) of the last 15 years.

It's easy.

I formed a bond with the club as a boy, before I became politically and morally conscious. Then (even though it took a while) I broke that connection as an adult because I didn't wanna engage in cognitive dissonance i.e. supporting and wanting the best for a club where I hated the political views.

Basically, I lean left of centre, and this club is as right-wing and racist as it gets. Many horrible thuggisgh fans. I am pretty sure people can put 2 and 2 together based on my posting history. I am not gonna associate myself as a person with that.

And I wasn't gonna just start 'supporting' Pep's Barca or Pe'p's City, with zero connection to Barcelona or Manchester, no family history of supporting those clubs, even though for me they've been the two best teams to watch (club wise) of the last 15 years)

So its Liverpool or Chelsea then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.