Raheem Sterling

Feck! I must have missed most of the occasions of the latter of those qualities...
Could've sworn there were more akin to the last min against Saints but there isn't that many - and now I've been found to be wrong on the internet once again. (Edited the quoted so no one else stumbles upon my poor memory)

Thank you for a civil reply, it's kind of what I've been saying about him, he comes across as aloof and distant sometimes.
He has had lots of crap come his way like you've mentioned in your post and that's got his guard up.

He divides opinion but I just don't feel gutted that he's gone.
Thanks for the compliments but no I don’t work in IT.

I just think any other player who had done as much for the club as Raz would be better liked.

He got the club. Just because he didn’t bleed for the cause like Zabba or stay for a decade like Agüero doesn’t mean he didn’t get it. He took undeserved hate from everyone including those who had no reason to - sounds like a blue to me. He always gave 100% effort even when his form had hit the floor or when he’d lost his starting place. He always showed passion in the big moments. He always scored a good number of goals.

He didn’t run his contract down and leave for nothing, he didn’t pretend he wanted to sign a new deal, he came to the club and told them he wanted to move on, found a move and took it.
When I’m not actually there I’ll miss texting “FFS Raz” (possibly numerous times) followed c30 minutes later with “never doubted him”.

Thanks for the compliments but no I don’t work in IT.

I just think any other player who had done as much for the club as Raz would be better liked.

He got the club. Just because he didn’t bleed for the cause like Zabba or stay for a decade like Agüero doesn’t mean he didn’t get it. He took undeserved hate from everyone including those who had no reason to - sounds like a blue to me. He always gave 100% effort even when his form had hit the floor or when he’d lost his starting place. He always showed passion in the big moments. He always scored a good number of goals.

He didn’t run his contract down and leave for nothing, he didn’t pretend he wanted to sign a new deal, he came to the club and told them he wanted to move on, found a move and took it.
Yeah that's a very fair point you've made.

I know you didn't say it in your post but I don't hate Raz, I just don't have the connection with him like I have with Ferna or KDB or Vinny, which is a shame because I always got behind him and wanted him to always score against the rags or the tramps everytime we played them but half the time he disappeared, especially against the tramps.

And your last paragraph sums the bloke up, it could have been different if he'd dug his heels in but he got a great deal for all involved.

Reactions: kun
Yeah that's a very fair point you've made.

I know you didn't say it in your post but I don't hate Raz, I just don't have the connection with him like I have with Ferna or KDB or Vinny, which is a shame because I always got behind him and wanted him to always score against the rags or the tramps everytime we played them but half the time he disappeared, especially against the tramps.

And your last paragraph sums the bloke up, it could have been different if he'd dug his heels in but he got a great deal for all involved.
Indeed -it really couldn’t have turned out better for City and Raz personally helped this outcome come about because there was no Agent involved

So it's confirmed, I wish him all the best, been a great player for the club.

I still think he could have played an important role here but he and the club obviously disagree with his future role.

Good luck Raheem.

What would City gain from a squad player who fucks off next year for nothing????
Its great business simple as that

We have players already at the club to jump in oh & Haaland of course

Sterling has been excellent over the 7 years but 100% he would have left us high & dry in January 2023

City only had 1 choice & its for him to go.

We never made it, he did.

I'll go as far as to say he won't get 15 goals near the Viking next season.

It's the best piece of transfer brokering we have done in our history, in terms of finding any club acceptable to him that was also prepared to hand us our original outlay back and earning the salary he does.

Coupled with his downgrade in form over 18 months, City and Raheem have got very lucky on this one.

I know City are very happy how this has turned out.
Amen. A lovely lad and a courageous young man as well, the way he stuck it to the racists in the entire uk media and called them out for their disgusting racism. But also a young man who had come to the end of his road at City. Refusing to sign a new contract, would have gone for nothing in five months, and let’s be frank - if you needed someone to score a one on one in a big game you wouldn’t choose Raheem as you know he would dither and delay and fuck it up.

Someone who leaves me with a lot of happy memories but also unbelievable business to get this money for someone with his limitations in the last few months of his contract. And saving 15m in wages on top.

Chelsea fans can now pull their hair out as he is out through one on one and fucks it up. We’ve had their pants down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.