Rainbow laces campaign

Thanks - more eloquently put than I managed and hopefully less offensive! Just to throw a further spanner in the works, we have to bear in mind change in the age of consent for gay sex over the years. What may now be viewed as a matter of consent/rape, would in the past have been 'peadophillia' even if the victim were 18 or 20 depending upon when it took place.

It is 100% incorrect but I am not gettign into the age of consent argument

First of all. Those in prison have been put there as punishment and have the majority of their liberty taken away and may/may not turn to other men for an escape or a genuine relationship may have built up

Second - these pedophiles in football have gone into football BECAUSE of the children. These sickos are not some victim of circumstance and homosexual prejudiced. They are predators

As for the laces. As I am a City fan and we are a pretty welcoming bunch, from the Canal Street Blues, the community work etc. so I'd say the 'awareness' aspect doesn't really apply(I might be wrong) as we are, or seem to be, and arm open City when it comes to diversity

I would be interested to read this thread if it was on a forum in a less inclusive town/City

It is 100% incorrect but I am not gettign into the age of consent argument

First of all. Those in prison have been put there as punishment and have the majority of their liberty taken away and may/may not turn to other men for an escape or a genuine relationship may have built up

Second - these pedophiles in football have gone into football BECAUSE of the children. These sickos are not some victim of circumstance and homosexual prejudiced. They are predators

As for the laces. As I am a City fan and we are a pretty welcoming bunch, from the Canal Street Blues, the community work etc. so I'd say the 'awareness' aspect doesn't really apply(I might be wrong) as we are, or seem to be, and arm open City when it comes to diversity

I would be interested to read this thread if it was on a forum in a less inclusive town/City
It would be interesting to see if some even had a thread on it, as for paedophiles I've always thought it being the age of the victim rather than the sex that was the prime motivator, someone like Zin could probably shed light on this

Back to topic

Everyone welcome, but where do you draw the line?

Do we have straight laces for heterosexual awareness?

When's the next heterosexual march through Manchester?

Just be greatful straight people don't need to march and raise awareness. I don't recall a straight couple being beaten up for daring to hold hands walking down the street or generally being abused due to their sexuality.

Just be greatful straight people don't need to march and raise awareness. I don't recall a straight couple being beaten up for daring to hold hands walking down the street or generally being abused due to their sexuality.

Unless it's brick lane

I think the suggestion, translated into your comparison, suggests that a number of hetrosexual men, who do not have an outlet for their hetrosexuality in prison (and are therefor, to some extent, supressed), end up having homosexual encounters, that they would perhaps never have had, had their preference available to them. Does this mean they are now gay, or always were, or just were temporarily? Well I for one am not that concerned with labels. But translating this back to the suggestion of Helmet Cole seems to suggest that maybe these people would never have had sex with children if they had opportunities to express their sexuality freely, and only turn to children when they are supressing their sexual feelings. So perhaps they were not born 'paedophiles', but end up committing these acts when there is some block to carrying out their preferred acts, and end up carrying out other acts, possibly in moments of weakness when a possibility is infront of them.

I understand his point a little more now since his replies but I still disagree. I understand your point also but there were plenty of outlets for homosexuals in the 70's and 80's. It was nowhere near as extreme as a repression of sexual needs than being in prison.

At the time of the 70's and 80's you could very easily meet and have sex with other gay men in and around Manchester. Yes gay people were treated incredibly immorally but you could "still get it" if you wanted to.

Men in prison don't even get to look at women in a lot of cases for years and years. I also feel homosexuality in prisons is exaggerated for heterosexuals.

I understand his point a little more now since his replies but I still disagree. I understand your point also but there were plenty of outlets for homosexuals in the 70's and 80's. It was nowhere near as extreme as a repression of sexual needs than being in prison.

At the time of the 70's and 80's you could very easily meet and have sex with other gay men in and around Manchester. Yes gay people were treated incredibly immorally but you could "still get it" if you wanted to.

Men in prison don't even get to look at women in a lot of cases for years and years. I also feel homosexuality in prisons is exaggerated for heterosexuals.

Yeah I wouldn't for a second suggest that they're on the same scale, or exactly the same circumstances, there are definite differences, but some similarities I think also.

One of the other main issues I see are the changes in society regarding the respect, treatment and attitudes toward children. I'm not suggesting that paedophilia was ever acceptable, but there were attitudes in previous decades that would have made this kind of thing far less likely to ever come to light, such as children being 'seen and not heard', not being given a voice, not being believed if they did say something, an adult being believed over a kids word etc etc. Since then society on the whole has accepted that kids are humans who should be treated with due respect, should be listened to, and should even be protected due to them being weaker and more vulnerable than adults. I have a huge personal bug bear with kids, or anyone, being given a whole load of rights without any responsibilities alongside it, but still, of course it is positive that they can no longer as susceptible to abuse without protection or being heard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.