Rained off ?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
eshiers1 said:
twice against ipswich

in the league in 94??

and in the league cup in 2000

Remember Vonk scoring in 94 and we went 2-0 up - can't recall the other scorer.

The 2000 game should never have started, Ipswich scored early on and Dickov (I think) equalised soon after and as soon as he did, the game was abandoned.
City won both replayed games.
We lost the replay in 2000. Horlock got kicked in the head in the box and got booked for diving if I remember correctly. Graham the arsehole poll.

eshiers1 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
eshiers1 said:
twice against ipswich

in the league in 94??

The 2000 game should never have started, Ipswich scored early on and Dickov (I think) equalised soon after and as soon as he did, the game was abandoned.

dont think we won the one in 2000...we went out to ipswich that year!

in extra time 1-2 iirc

They beat us three times that season off memory, the cup definitely a loss AET (<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/worthington_cup/1077267.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 077267.stm</a>). The league game we were 3-0 down I think after about half an hour or something and lost 3-2, then there was the away game which lingers in the memory for more bad reasons.

Used to hate playing Ipswich at that time.

waterloo blue said:
knuckles said:
Remember an away match at white hart lane against spuds rained off, the game didn't even start, early 90's I think. It was a long way to drive there and back in that rain
You're right,it was memorable for me as it was the first time I'd met my future in-laws.
As the game had been abandoned we went to Twickenham to watch Ireland against England,I worked with a lad that played for London Irish and he sorted us out with tickets and and ale.
My ex's parents were not impressed when I fell asleep in the restaraunt that evening.
Rearranged a trip to the UK to see this game (ie swapped business class ticket for economy plus 2 nights in a hotel. Got to WHL at 1pm to scalp a ticket, 20 quid, a lot back then, then to a local pub to wait for KO. Loads of Blues, singing and banter then someone came in and said it was off. Took the ticket back to NY and then sent it back the pouch for some Spud who'd made an appeal on the company intranet. Felt good in the end.

PD said:
waterloo blue said:
knuckles said:
Remember an away match at white hart lane against spuds rained off, the game didn't even start, early 90's I think. It was a long way to drive there and back in that rain
You're right,it was memorable for me as it was the first time I'd met my future in-laws.
As the game had been abandoned we went to Twickenham to watch Ireland against England,I worked with a lad that played for London Irish and he sorted us out with tickets and and ale.
My ex's parents were not impressed when I fell asleep in the restaraunt that evening.
Rearranged a trip to the UK to see this game (ie swapped business class ticket for economy plus 2 nights in a hotel. Got to WHL at 1pm to scalp a ticket, 20 quid, a lot back then, then to a local pub to wait for KO. Loads of Blues, singing and banter then someone came in and said it was off. Took the ticket back to NY and then sent it back the pouch for some Spud who'd made an appeal on the company intranet. Felt good in the end.

1994/95 - John Burridge was meant to make his debut. He later criticised the decision, saying that ''the game is for poofs nowadays''

mansour's tow ropes said:
i remember being 4-0 up away at Burnley after half an hour and being a nervous wreck thinking the game would be called off and have to be replayed

city, ruining 4-0 scorelines since...

The one thing I recall about that game, is how the groundsmen at halftime under used the forks and did fuck all work to help drain water.

The cup winners cup final nearly got called off because it pissed down all day . I was only 5 so some older blues probably know more about it.

davymcfc said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
eshiers1 said:
twice against ipswich

in the league in 94??

We lost the replay in 2000. Horlock got kicked in the head in the box and got booked for diving if I remember correctly. Graham the arsehole poll.
Ingebrigtsen the other scorer

Big Swifty said:
Here is a list of the City games abandoned since World War Two:

(Scores as they stood when called off):

Jan '56: Blackpool (H) 1-1 (56 mins)
Feb '58: Birmingham (H) 1-1 (40 mins)
Aug '60: Man Utd (H) 2-2 (56 mins)
Jan '61: Luton (A) 6-2 (69 mins)
Dec '62 Aston Villa (A) 1-0 (48 mins)
Sep '65 Norwich (H) 1-1 (half-time)
Feb '69 Newcastle (H) 1-1 (41 mins)
Jan '94 Ipswich (H) 2-0 (39 mins)
Dec 2000 Ipswich (H) 1-1 (23 mins)

Seven out of the nine have been at home.
(This list was complete up to 2006. I don't recall any since, as with the improvement in pitches rain is absorbed more easily.)
I hope this clears things up or jogs a few memories.
An I right in thinking we lost the rescheduled match with Luton; after being 2-6 up originally?!

mscenterh750 said:
I've just taken my eldest girl to footie training, and on the way I said it's starting to rain, to which she replies have city ever had a game rained off. I said I think so, but can't really remember.

The game I think it was, was when Ingebrigsten scored and I'm sure the game was called off soon after. Does anybody know if my hunch is correct and if so who were we playing. And do any of you recall any other games, we have had cancelled either part way through or before a game ?.

Ingebrigsten scored a hat-trick against Leicester but that was FA Cup 94 if I remember correctly - Was the the game Kernaghan scored a fully 40 yard lod(HONEST I WAS THERE) and it kicked off in the main stand !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.