Random City Players

Danny Hoekman. Dutch midfielder who came on against Notts County, in an away win in the early 90s. I seem to remember him scoring but the ref had already awarded a penalty/given a goal

Danny Hoekman. Dutch midfielder who came on against Notts County, in an away win in the early 90s. I seem to remember him scoring but the ref had already awarded a penalty/given a goal

Danny Hoekman is a lovely fella who I caught up with to share his memories of his time with us on Tales of Blue

Jamie Hoyland though think he got a hat trick v Torquay in the league Cup and Geoff Lomax who lived near me in Droylsden who my mates used to say how's he playing for city and your not he was pretty shit to be fair.
Parlane got the hatrick, Tolmie a brace and Hoyland a single v Torquay.

He had a good career at Bury and then boyhood club Sheffield United.
Was assistant manager at Rochdale when Paul Simpson was manager

David Wiffill. Signed from Bath City by Malcolm Allison, probably because of his and Tony Book's history with the club. Never played a game but was an unused sub once. He was in the City documentary though as Malcolm Allison is saying bye to the the players he says bye to Wiffill ended up back at Twerton Park eventually in the 90s.

David Wiffill. Signed from Bath City by Malcolm Allison, probably because of his and Tony Book's history with the club. Never played a game but was an unused sub once. He was in the City documentary though as Malcolm Allison is saying bye to the the players he says bye to Wiffill ended up back at Twerton Park eventually in the 90s.
I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I've never heard of him. I guess I'm not as big a Bert as I'd hoped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.