Random City Players

Good memory for the goal.

Weird isn't it how we can't remember really important things (the amount of times I've had to cancel bank cards i've mislaid!!) but can remember pretty insignificant stuff to do with football!. I wasn't even at that Swansea game ( and the goal wasn't actually quite as 'scruffy' as I remember!)

The Stockport trio of Stewart Lee, Terry Park and Bill Williams.
Probably not 5 appearances between them
It's a good job we never got investigated for the Bill Williams transfer(s) - one sub appearance at Ipswich IIRC and then he was shipped back to County for the same fee.

Saw Howard Kendal play for us for a full half in Noel Brotherstons testimonial circa 1990.
Partnered in a dynamic midfield of Megson and Reid
View attachment 84990View attachment 84990
I played against Noel Brotherston in the amateur leagues in the early 90s. I was 18/19 he was in his late 30s early 40s, but fuckin Jesus! He could still play. Looked in his 70s though:)

It's a good job we never got investigated for the Bill Williams transfer(s) - one sub appearance at Ipswich IIRC and then he was shipped back to County for the same fee.

Was it the same fee? I had it in my head that we took a big hit on him.

Jamie Hoyland though think he got a hat trick v Torquay in the league Cup and Geoff Lomax who lived near me in Droylsden who my mates used to say how's he playing for city and your not he was pretty shit to be fair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.