Random Facts About City

lloydie said:
Oct 25th (1959)?
I know it's also SWP's b'day

Asa Hartford was born on the 24th, but apart from SWP you also share your birthday with Les McDowall who remains one of our longest serving managers spending 13 years in charge.
McDowall managed us to our cup victory in 1956

I know KK has 14th Feb (Valentines Day) as his birthday, but more importantly my lad Connor as well.

u2fme2 said:
lancs blue said:
City are the only team to be relegated from the top flight as:

1. Reigning champions
2. Top scorers in the division
3. With a positive goal difference

And all those were in the same season, 1937/38!
first team to score 100 goals in one season and also concede 100 in same season too
yeah but what a season!!

Randomer said:
u2fme2 said:
first team to score 100 goals in one season and also concede 100 in same season too
yeah but what a season!!

when I see these stats I can't help thinking of KK he must have had another life
makes me wonder if there is anything in the re-incarnation theory

Even though the club was originally started by a vicar in West Gorton, it was his daughter that came up with the idea of starting a working mens team!

The very first name that we were known by was something like..."West Gorton Parish Working Mens Athletic Club"...I think

Big Bad Vince said:
Even though the club was originally started by a vicar in West Gorton, it was his daughter that came up with the idea of starting a working mens team!

The very first name that we were known by was something like..."West Gorton Parish Working Mens Athletic Club"...I think

Give me a W, give me an E, give me an S.............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.