Random ramblings on robinho/media/double standards

gman07 said:
ono said:
It's true. Countless times Bellamy misplaced a pass when he had the chance to put someone in on goal. They would have been excellent chances and the fact he didn't see Ireland's run was criminal.

Again not a dig at Bellamy, just pointing out that i agree with you. He had a good game but he also made mistakes that others would have been crucified for.

I can only draw the conclusion that work-rate and body language seems to over shadow everything else.
I think its also down to what Bellamy has done the last 4 months for the team... they give him the odd bad match because somehow he has delivered for a couple of months now... if Bellamy run into an injury soon and would be away for 3 months and someone else comes in and hits top form during that time he would also struggle to get the fans with him when he came back because so many fans have a very short memory... look what Robinho delivered his first season for us... and look at what so many fans rates him this season after 3 months off injury and trying to find his form again... thats the nature of football and its fans...
That's a good point.

smeeagain said:
awesome swerving pass ? get real
it was the only option he had and i,d hardly call it setting up a goal ! in truth tevez made it out of nothing.not really an assist in my eyes
PMSL!

ono said:
Fat Chance said:
'Bellamy runs around like an headless chicken'....thats an intresting an opinion Ono.

When he looses the ball he's moving to try to retreive it, when he kops for the ball he moves....either way he moves...now all the team are doing Bellamy impressions and we're 5th.
I didn't say that. I didn't say anything about Bellamy running around like a headless chicken.

I was making a point that if Robinho did, the media would most likely cream their pants over him. They seem to have an obsession with work rate. whilst i agree it's nice to have, it's not every players game.

Robinho can't even shut people up with his goals. Last season he managed 15 but the same things were being said about him.

Your very correct Ono...you never stitched Bellemy and headless chicken together, though mentioning headless chickens running around doing no good for no one is superflous cause no one is doing it and yes if Bellemy was giving the ball away needlessly without hitting screamers into Uniteds top corners then i'd think someone in the crowd/media would have something to say....so on that score your reasoning needs a little parity.

Robi's had a good season (last), they say a trickster will have one good season to spring his new party tricks and then the following seasons are a case of how good are you really. Too early just yet to see if his step over capers have been rumbled but if it proves to be the case then thats got nothing to do with the media and plenty to do with the nature of footballers.

smeeagain said:
awesome swerving pass ? get real
it was the only option he had and i,d hardly call it setting up a goal ! in truth tevez made it out of nothing.not really an assist in my eyes

Watch this from 40 seconds.

<a class="postlink" href="http://ballhype.com/video/wolves-0-3-manchester-city-gol-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ballhype.com/video/wolves-0-3-ma ... gol-video/</a>

Admitedly it was a cracking goal from Tevez but how the hell can you not rate that pass. Robbie could of took his man on, played it down the line or switched play to the opposite side of the pitch. Instead he threaded the ball to Tevez through 4 Wovles players.

ono said:
Last night we were fantastic right through from Given to Tevez. Every single player played well. Even Garrido looks like he's worth keeping.

With that out of the way i'll move on to Robinho.

Last night Sky spent 90 minutes creaming themselves over Craig Bellamy. Don't get me wrong, he had a good game but last night he also missed two sitters, and on at least 2 occassions failed miserably when he had the chance to slide a team mate in for what would have been glorious chances - The one where he dummied the ball instead of playing it it to Zab and the one near the end where he had the chance to set Robinho free for a one on one. There were also a number of poor touches which lead to moves breaking down, especially in the 1st half.

Like i said before, he more than made up for it and generally speaking he had a good game. This isn't a dig at Bellamy, who has been head and shoulders our best player this season. It's just that, if Robinho does things like that then he gets crucified. Why is this? Is it his body language that makes him an easy target? Is it his price tag? If so, does it matter that he doesn't charge round like a headless chicken? Is it his fault he cost £32m? If we're solely looking at price tags then surely Lescott and Adebayor should be more of a focus of attention.

The commentator last night pointed out that Robinho's assist was actually a misplaced pass meant for Bellamy. The commentator on Setanta Ireland on Saturday spent the full game going on about how Robinho hadn't shut up about wanting to leave City and how he had a very public dislike for Mark Hughes. He also mentioned that he was lazy and that he wanted to leave in January. I was actually gob-smacked. Even the co-commentator was getting annoyed.

To be honest it's been like that ever since we signed him. As soon as the dust had settled from the takeover, a week would barely go by without a journo claiming he had an exclusive on how Robbie would be joining Chelsea - despite the fact that he wouldn't be allowed to sign for 3 clubs in a year...despite Robinho saying on numerous occassions, that he'd be staying.

Then came the Barca ordeal. Sure Robbie didn't do so well in denying the claims, however he came out and said he would stay here for another 5-10 years. Barca also said they were no longer interested due to the emergence of Pedro (a left winger at Barca, and the fact that we didn't want to sell). That should have been the end of it. But no, i had to listen to 90 minutes of the Setanta commentators banging on about how we would be going to Barca in January.

It's like the media deal in cliches and they start talking about things that are actually false. For example, he does actually work hard. Then they talk about how he isn't interested about playing for us....yet his face when we score and when he misses a chance tells a completely different story. Still the media go on about it and then you hear the ex-pro's go on about it on Soccer Saturday etc...and then they start discussing half truths and lies that they themselves have made up. It's a never ending cycle and it becomes obvious that these people don't actually watch us week in week out.

I can't wait for him to get back to full fitness. He was on the pitch for around 7 minutes and in that time he set up a goal with a very good pass and he was also a whisker away from scoring a stunning goal out of nothing. If we continue to play like we did last night, Robbie will get a hatful for us. No doubt the media will then talk about how he is playing.......

...for a move to Chelsea in the summer.

Great post mate, you are absolutely right Robbie would've been slaughtered if he'd missed those chances.

The thing with the media is they pick their agenda first and then make up the facts to suit the story. They'd already pegged Robinho as a troublemaker the minute they joined and there is absolutely nothing he can do to change their minds. They will print their lies to suit their pre-set agenda because they are a huge bunch of dishonourable, scheming cunts.

totally agree with the OP robinho is coming back from a long injury lay off and for me looks no where near match fit and looks low on confidence, he does try hard in games and maybe is trying a little to hard when in possesion and this is maybe causing his touch combined with a lack of match fitness to desert him sometimes

at home against stoke some pillocks booed him when he went off and i find that these so called fans are either day trippers or have no idea about the game

we need to get behind the lad as the fans at wolves did on monday (i judge what proper city fans are thinking from the reaction of our fans on away trips) and the reaction to robinho was good

he will come good but mancini may have to find a different way of using his talents (which i am sure he already does rather than seeing him as a left winger

lets face it he is not designed to track back and defend but when on his game in the last 3rd he can be devastating with a pass or a neat finish

i definitely have not given up on him and i think this is the case for most city fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.