Random things you remember about City matches

DSG1982 said:
I remember Andy Morrison making his debut and me and my Dad looking at each other and at the same time saying something along the lines of "Fookin hell, look at the size of him."

I remember Asprilla headbutting Keith Curle.

I also remember everyone doing we are not worthy chanting "Ali, Ali, Ali" to Mr Benarbia!

Just reminded me - I remember Paul Walsh punching Graham Le Saux in the back of the head after receiving an elbow off him. Le Saux started crying.

blue_bird said:
DSG1982 said:
I remember Andy Morrison making his debut and me and my Dad looking at each other and at the same time saying something along the lines of "Fookin hell, look at the size of him."

I remember Asprilla headbutting Keith Curle.

I also remember everyone doing we are not worthy chanting "Ali, Ali, Ali" to Mr Benarbia!

Just reminded me - I remember Paul Walsh punching Graham Le Saux in the back of the head after receiving an elbow off him. Le Saux started crying.

Aw. Poor Mr Le Socks!

law74 said:
Trigger said:
Being passed over the turnstiles in the mainstand at Maine Road by my dad, so probably watched City for around 5 years without paying.

Favourite memory was sitting in the boardroom at Villa Park at half time drinking Carling from their fridge, somebody had left a door open by mistake and the blues piled in, this was the FA Cup match when Richards equalised in injury time.

I hope the stewards catch you this saturday and kick you out. skiving in for free as a child and then stealing beer as an adult.

I was young and naive, and now I am too old for anybody to care!

I remember a midweek game against Southampton in the 80s. It was the first game after two Southampton players had been accused of raping some girl when they'd played in Europe somewhere. The Kippax were giving it a deafening "You're a rapist, you're a rapist, you're a rapist Steve Moran (allegedly)". I think the other accused was Mark Wright but he got off without a song because his name didn't have the same ring to it.

Also anyone remember the one when Vinny Jones went for Peter Reid straight from the kick off and nearly cut him in half. Must have been the fastest yellow card ever. I think it was yellow rather than red.

robsta said:
Also anyone remember the one when Vinny Jones went for Peter Reid straight from the kick off and nearly cut him in half. Must have been the fastest yellow card ever. I think it was yellow rather than red.

At the start of the second half Jones did it again and received his marching orders.

Playing away at Leeds. McNab scored a pen for us and a fucking huge firework fizzed across the pitch from that nutters Leeds paddock into our end.
I never did hear anything about that in any news reports.

Oldham away in the 80s. It was throwing it down and one lad thought it would be a good idea to shelter from the rain under a police horse. The police horse had other ideas and kicked him in the head. He was carried out on a stretcher and carted away in an ambulance. Great day....but not for him!

TheLegendOfBerti said:
god i feel youthful lol. I remember crying as a kid when Martyn Margetson balls'd something up against Birmingham City at home and Adebola scored with an open net, some guy sat behind me just put his hand on my shoulder and said "don't worry, it's city". How very true.
Remember him dropping a corner into his own net away at Wolves which contributed to our demise to the third division

Ja Salford Blue said:
Just been reading the thread about peoples first city game. I comented saying that I dont even remember which year my first game was let alone who we played! but I can remember some really fuckin stupid insignificant things about certain matches.

like Frank Clarkes first game as manager was against Norwich!

Ayone got anymore that might just be more pointless than this thread!

Think it was Palace???

With the upcoming game against spurs I am reminded about two games when we gave them a good hiding, one was in the early sixties when spurs had just won the double or it may even have been the year they won the double and City hammered them at Maine Road 6-0, unfortunately we were relegated that season but that was one of the better days that year. The other game was the famous game in the snow with the orange ball and Mike Summerbee was unplayable that day and scored a great header from a corner. I think we won 4-1 that day. Lets hope we do something similar week Wednesday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.