RANGERS AND CELTIC

Re: RANGERS

Swansea, Cardiff etc are in the English League..is it Berwick from England in the SPL?...So they have a case of joing the Prem.

Even so, there's only two teams in their league...plus because of their religious bigotry and indoctrination on both sides they attract other sheep from over the water or south of the border...it is more than football to them, they only had their first black player in the 80's and the first catholic about the same time..and what a stink that caused.

I say leave em up there to carry on in their joke league with their religion and their irn bru.

Lets be fair attendances in Scotland are pretty good - about the best in Europe given the number of clubs and relative population etc... and the quality of the football.

I agree that the quality of the spl is less than that of the premier league but you have to remember theres a lot less money in the Scottish league, a lower table english team will get attendances of at least 20,000 whereas in Scotland a lower table team would probably get 5,000 (if that). English teams will get a couple of million for tv rights, only the old firm would get that sort of money for tv rights. The idea that celtic and rangers would join the premier league was abolished years ago.

If i've reapeated something said earlier sorry, i didn't bother reading all the pages.

nmc said:
Lets be fair attendances in Scotland are pretty good - about the best in Europe given the number of clubs and relative population etc... and the quality of the football.

I did a quick mental addition of the total attendance for all Scots league & Cup games this weekend, came to about 65,000 for nearly 20 games, including the 4 Cup QF's. The 4 cup games only attracted 40k+ between them. Is that good support?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.