Rangers Thread - 2023/24

Extra costs for clubs having to travel. I’m sticking in a claim for a helicopter to Murrayfield. From Chad, round trip. Plus drinks and snacks.

What’s your take on it?
I am just becoming more and more disillusioned with Scottish football as a whole!

The lack of ambition from other clubs who are happy to live on the scraps the Old Firm throw them.

The Old Firm happy to live on the scraps they get from European football

The clubs happy to accept the pittance Sky TV throw them

Rangers , arguably Scotlands biggest club, can’t even play games at their own stadium for the first month..it’ll be longer from what I hear!

Rangers selling season tickets knowing that there was no way the work would have been completed!!

Most football supporters agreeing that the officials and VAR have been poor so the powers that be decide the answer is to appoint probably THE worst referee in Scottish football and a view shared by most supporters.

I thought Celtic were taking a huge gamble signing young nobodies last season and very few improved the first team. Rangers answer to closing the gap is to sign Young nobodies. I’m not going to write them all off but it’s a huge gamble!

Celtic should absolutely coast to the league this season. I’d be surprised if they didn’t win the treble.

I can see Hearts and Kilmarnock closing the gap on Rangers. I still think Rangers will be second but they will be closer to third than first. Both well run clubs with decent managers and I never thought I’d be saying that about Naismith! I’m sure he’s surprised many.

I’ve had my season ticket since 1982 but I’m getting to the point where I just can’t be bothered. If it wasn’t for the grandkids I’d sell up and move abroad but with another on the way the Mrs is never agreeing to that lol

Bet you wish you hadn’t asked : ))))

I am just becoming more and more disillusioned with Scottish football as a whole!

The lack of ambition from other clubs who are happy to live on the scraps the Old Firm throw them.

The Old Firm happy to live on the scraps they get from European football

The clubs happy to accept the pittance Sky TV throw them

Rangers , arguably Scotlands biggest club, can’t even play games at their own stadium for the first month..it’ll be longer from what I hear!

Rangers selling season tickets knowing that there was no way the work would have been completed!!

Most football supporters agreeing that the officials and VAR have been poor so the powers that be decide the answer is to appoint probably THE worst referee in Scottish football and a view shared by most supporters.

I thought Celtic were taking a huge gamble signing young nobodies last season and very few improved the first team. Rangers answer to closing the gap is to sign Young nobodies. I’m not going to write them all off but it’s a huge gamble!

Celtic should absolutely coast to the league this season. I’d be surprised if they didn’t win the treble.

I can see Hearts and Kilmarnock closing the gap on Rangers. I still think Rangers will be second but they will be closer to third than first. Both well run clubs with decent managers and I never thought I’d be saying that about Naismith! I’m sure he’s surprised many.

I’ve had my season ticket since 1982 but I’m getting to the point where I just can’t be bothered. If it wasn’t for the grandkids I’d sell up and move abroad but with another on the way the Mrs is never agreeing to that lol

Bet you wish you hadn’t asked : ))))
I agree with most of that. My fear is our board with all the resources available, will fuck it up and we will be actually weaker next season. I’m not joking.

I agree with most of that. My fear is our board with all the resources available, will fuck it up and we will be actually weaker next season. I’m not joking.
No. I agree with you. DD has said he will only spend enough to stay ahead of the domestic competition as Celtic can’t compete financially against Top 5 league clubs

It would take the premiership clubs in Scotland to form a proper EPL equivalent here for anything to change but the will just isn’t there

Even at the lower league level it’s utter madness we have the likes of Peterhead playing Annan in a midweek fixture!

Two top divisions and below that regionalise the leagues and include WoS , EoS , Highland and Lowland league clubs. There are many non league clubs who have decent financial backing but are held back by established league clubs who are merely happy to survive

Of course to persuade others to vote for change you have to give them some incentive. A pot of 10% of the Euro money earned split between the others should help

Big man, everything cool. Hately’s on it. Phew.

Attachments

• 67548529-3d91-4c96-8729-e5b83b07f302.jpeg
    67548529-3d91-4c96-8729-e5b83b07f302.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 35
Ajax v Rangers.

Just seen the team sheet! Already regretting choosing to watch this instead of going to Kilbirnie v Largs!!

Latest multi million generating scheme by the Rangers board.

Attachments

• 406c81e8-4a3e-4dd6-bea5-8153c040e014.jpeg
    406c81e8-4a3e-4dd6-bea5-8153c040e014.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 16

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.