Rare City Shirt for Sale

How much is this beauty worth?

Probably one of the best ever City away shirts.

2009/10.
Never been worn.
Original tag.
Size Large.

62B570DB-C8AF-48A1-86E4-3BAF5EAB4D25.jpeg

48F4807B-A3AC-4BB3-808C-C1B1471DB1C4.jpeg

CD936150-C824-4F9B-B11A-4903DE88FD16.jpeg

Another thing to be wary of is odd delivery addresses as scammers will claim not to have received the item and demand a refund. Also if you do sell it then insure the item for the full amount you receive for it. If it's anything like what currently being bid then it will be a lot more than the postage quoted but it's a must as far as I'm concerned. I'm not a regular seller but recently I sold an old iPhone we had sat doing nothing and after a week or so of Yodel saying they couldn't find the delivery address (a phone shop on the high street of a busy small town that they deliver to and collect from weekly) they finally said it was 'lost' (ie: stolen by someone at the depot). The buyer gets a refund immediately from eBay but you have to wait for up to 30 days.
Interesting points those - I have thought about postal issues / scams but hadn’t considered the insurance thing - will definitely do that - if these bids are legit!

Interestingly, a friend of mine bought a shedload of old records that a school in Bolton was clearing out - think he paid about 50 quid for something ridiculous like 2000 old records, took a punt that one of two might have some value - he listed all 2000 individually and got about hundred quid for the lot - except one. It turned out to be an ultra rare heavy metal / prog rock thing from some obscure North West band in the ‘70s. Two German punters started bidding against one another- these guys were fanatics- the record sold for just under 5k and the winning punter insisted on flying to Manchester to collect it.

I’ve never bid on anything and this will likely be my one and only venture into / onto EBay so thanks everyone for all the tips / advice etc. Much appreciated

No worries at all mate. Would be nice to get some extra Christmas £ - if the bids are legit!
That's my concern. To go straight into trying to sell such a high value item without selling previously is a risk. I notice that the last bid has been withdrawn so the buyer bidding against themself is winning again at £900. Just be very careful as eBay is very buyer orientated and there are plenty of scammers targeting high value items.

That's my concern. To go straight into trying to sell such a high value item without selling previously is a risk. I notice that the last bid has been withdrawn so the buyer bidding against themself is winning again at £900. Just be very careful as eBay is very buyer orientated and there are plenty of scammers targeting high value items.
I did as you suggested and “banned” that seller due to having no feedback history.

I've got this shirt. Can't believe it's going for 900 quid! Always knew it was a bit of a rare one though. The arrows on the sleeve have started to wear. I sold a mid nineties training top on ebay for peanuts before this whole collecting thing gained such a following. I'm keeping hold of all my old City shirts plus lots of others so my little lad can wear them when he's older. Good luck mate, hope it pays out!

Good luck with the sale, I do quite a lot of buying and selling on ebay & as far as i know its not possible to bid against yourself, in other words you need two different people bidding for the price to go up?
When posting I always use Royal Mail Tracked & make sure a signature is needed from the buyer & touch wood I have been lucky so far,
I sold a Saab pin striped city shirt a few years ago & was amazed to get well over £400 so I hope your bids are genuine :-)

Reactions: jrb
I will be astonished if you get paid out on this mate, no sane person jumps from £70 odd to £900, why would they?
All they have to do is put a max bid in and it will adjust if a higher bid comes in, up to the max ..
Not been on there for years but that’s how it used to work ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.