Rare Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City footage.

Billy McAdams scored in front of 49797 fans.

I have admit I never before heard of McAdam but he was our top scorer that season with 21 goals.

Not a bad result 1-0 Away at Spurs in April 1960, we finished 16th that season and they finished third!

for some reason he was targeted by a section of the Kippax, like Ian Bowyer, and Richard Edgehill.....never knew why....

Fascinating footage. One of the most striking things to me: almost none of the home crowd are wearing their colours, in the form of scarves, beanies and suchlike. Not even the rosettes that seemed so old fashioned a few years later (although was that not more for special occasions, such as Wembley?). That all must have come in as part of merchandising by the end of the sixties, I suppose.

Think that's right. I had a blue & white scarf back then that was knitted for me not bought in a shop, and only wore it for big matches like cup ties. As for rosettes, last time I saw them was the '81 final. Bought one at Wembley and wore it again at the Stoke final, it looked out of date by then and i became an FOC by turning up in it. It's stuck away in a box now and might one day go in another one with me.

Think that's right. I had a blue & white scarf back then that was knitted for me not bought in a shop, and only wore it for big matches like cup ties. As for rosettes, last time I saw them was the '81 final. Bought one at Wembley and wore it again at the Stoke final, it looked out of date by then and i became an FOC by turning up in it. It's stuck away in a box now and might one day go in another one with me.

Do you have a rattle, too, ABJ?

JJ

I love the line “the crowd are wondering why the referee left his glasses in the dressing room...”. I am sure they did not word it as politely as that!

Thought the advert on the front of Platt Lane roof said Corona that’s why ground looked quite empty at that point!
It said Corvonia

White Hart Lane (1960 I think)

Not a single fat person in the entire video!

These days I’d say there are more people overweight than aren’t.

Even when I was at school in the 90s, there was one fat kid in my year and he got fucking loads of shit for it for years. These days about ⅔ of kids are overweight.

Always liked seeing old footage of WHL,because of 'The Shelf'..just thought it was great to have a whole side of 2nd tier terrace,and it always looked packed to the rafters.and it did resemble a shelf the way it jutted out at the end at both sides i may be wrong but think that was fairly unique

As was common in those days, there were more shot sof the crowd than of the play.

What struck me was how Bert (in both Spurs & Leeds games) threw the ball out where possible - most keepers booted it upfield then. His throw was that of a handball player (which Bert had been) and I have never seen any other keeper do this kind of throw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.