Rate Roberto Mancini

peoffrey said:
There's obviously been the FA Cup win and City on top of the league but when you've got the biggest transfer budget in world football then you're generally going to have an easier time than top class Managers like Wenger or Villas-Boas..
Villas Boas has Ibahmovic's money to spend and he's not exactly skint.

Re: Re: Rate Roberto Mancini

Wheelsy said:
peoffrey said:
I'd give him an 8. His overtly defensive football was disgusting to watch at times and I don't know anyone who was enjoying it. One suspects someone influential at City had to have a word because he suddenly allowed the players to attack and thusly entertain. I'd have stopped paying £50+ for away tickets had we seen anymore tactical 0-0 draws at Tottenham or Arsenal. I want to see goals when I go to football.

There's obviously been the FA Cup win and City on top of the league but when you've got the biggest transfer budget in world football then you're generally going to have an easier time than top class Managers like Wenger or Villas-Boas. His record in Europe is still poor in comparison to his domestic record and I think the Premiership title is a reasonable expectation this season.

Stick to FIFA mate.

-Defensive football for too long
-No moderate success in Europe
-Biggest transfer budget in world football
-I'm still not convinced by his English

He's an 8. Barcelona would destroy us.

Took over a team that was leaking clutches of goals to the likes of Wolves and what did the silly f**ker do? He concentrated on defence, that's what!
Typical Italian mentality!
You can still see it now. Every time we go more than five goals up, he takes off a striker, for the last ten minutes, and replaces him with a holding midfielder.
Fluked an FA Cup. Fluked our best ever finish in the Prem era. Probably had nothing to do with our succesful signings.
God only knows where we are in the league and what kind of football we're playing now. I gave up watching after he played a team of reserves & kids in Dublin, last August.
Bet I haven't missed a thing, either.

Anyone know the Italian for zero - because that's what he's getting from me.

Re: Re: Rate Roberto Mancini

peoffrey said:
Wheelsy said:
peoffrey said:
I'd give him an 8. His overtly defensive football was disgusting to watch at times and I don't know anyone who was enjoying it. One suspects someone influential at City had to have a word because he suddenly allowed the players to attack and thusly entertain. I'd have stopped paying £50+ for away tickets had we seen anymore tactical 0-0 draws at Tottenham or Arsenal. I want to see goals when I go to football.

There's obviously been the FA Cup win and City on top of the league but when you've got the biggest transfer budget in world football then you're generally going to have an easier time than top class Managers like Wenger or Villas-Boas. His record in Europe is still poor in comparison to his domestic record and I think the Premiership title is a reasonable expectation this season.

Stick to FIFA mate.

-Defensive football for too long
-No moderate success in Europe
-Biggest transfer budget in world football
-I'm still not convinced by his English

He's an 8. Barcelona would destroy us.

His 'defensive football' ensured we finished in the top 3 last season and achieved Champions League football, he could of gone for it against the other teams like Mark Hughes tried and it would of been 50/50 as to weather we would of finished in the top 4 or not. It made sense to approach it how he did, it's allowed us to move on to the next level, sign players of the calibre of Aguero and Nasri and open up and play more fluid football with a solid base, due to the way the likes of Kompany, Richards and Lescott have improved under him.

Admittedly his record in the Champions League isn't the best, but he's still a young manager and has time to improve.

mad4city said:
Took over a team that was leaking clutches of goals to the likes of Wolves and what did the silly f**ker do? He concentrated on defence, that's what!
You can still see it now. Every time we go more than five goals up, he takes off a striker, for the last ten minutes, and replaces him with a holding midfielder.
Fluked an FA Cup. Fluked our best ever finish in the Prem era. Probably had nothing to do with our succesful signings.
God only knows where we are in the league and what kind of football we're playing now. I gave up watching after he played a team of reserves & kids in Dublin, last August.

the italian for zero is exactly the same , zero

Mancio said:
mad4city said:

What's Italian for Don Roberto the legend?

The Goat 10 said:
Mancio said:
mad4city said:

What's Italian for Don Roberto the legend?

the "don" is reserved for the mafia. roberto is not a "don"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.