Rate this season

6/10. I can see enough positive performances to warrant a healthy future. What I can't deny is that football is a results game. Anything below 4th would've finished him.

Really enjoyed this season, as ever there's been some highs and some lows but so be it. Not quite sure what people were expecting from Pep but I'm delighted he's our manager and hope he stays here for the foreseeable. Of course it's been a learning curve for him, how could it not be, but he's a bright guy and he'll have learned pretty quickly about this league. The main thing is that he doesn't compromise his footballing style too much because that's why he's here and why it's going to be so exciting watching us play. We've signed a couple of gems in Sane and Jesus, add Sergio, Silva, Sterling and KDB in there and our attacking quality is something to behold. I do believe he was restricted by circumstances with our defensive options at the start of the season, Zaba, Clichy, Sagna all out of contract meant he was forced to work with what he'd got rather than replace which he surely will this summer. People giving 4's and 5's baffle me, watching David Silva every week has to be worth more than that on its own.

Average season, blooded a few good new players but haven't sorted out defence, long term replacement for Yaya a concern. No more Navas, please.

Putting a rating on this season seems to be near impossible. In terms of trophies obviously it was disappointing, but in terms of style of play I thought we were given an absolute treat this season. I, like the majority of supporters was completely consumed by the untamed expectation levels when Pep was announced but looking back that was hardly fair.

The bigger picture is we have gone from a side who plays a set 4-4-2 to a side who experiments with inverted full backs and false 8s. And obviously this takes some time to learn, especially with many aging players at the end of their careers struggling to adapt. But yet again we were all aware of these problems at the beginning of the season, however I think all of them being in the final year of their contract made them impossible to move out.

For us to move forward I think Willy, Zaba (confirmed), Sagna, Clichy & Navas need to be moved on. And if Pep isn’t going to give them a run there is no point having Fernando or Nolito on the books. This with the probability of selling Hart, Mangala, Nasri & Bony means the wage budget for incoming players looks very juicy.

The young signings we made were absolutely incredible. Gabriel Jesus is almost too good to be true at that age. And Sane is quickly becoming my favourite player, every time he gets a sniff of a 1 on 1 he has you on your feet in anticipation. Stones took a little longer in a struggling defence but still think he will come right. The way Gundogan was playing and adding goals from midfield you can only imagine the difference if he had been able to stay fit the entire season. Sterling looked the kid we bought for 49mil and was clearly our best player the first half of the season. Aguero having his best goal scoring season should definitely go some way to convince him to believe in Peps methods as well.

The highlight as a South African fan was obviously getting to come over and watch us dismantle West Ham at the Etihad. And will be the first of many games I make the trip to watch.

All I can say is if Pep gets who he wants we are in for a massive year next year!

I'm a part timer these days mate. Missed at least 4,could even be 6 games. I still think I deserve a say.

Everyone deserves a say whether they miss a game or not - I missed the 0-0 derby! Even those who scoot off after 80mins deserve a say, but I would point to only four matches that I would regard as poor - EFC away (and I saw none of that, but that was only the second half), Leicester away and the BT broadcast was scrambled at Ewing Towers, and I gave up on that after the ball appeared in someone's net twice inside the first ten mins, Haringey away, and the Monaco away game. I don't regard all the draws against sides that we should have beaten as poor. The games against our so-called rivals? Well, we were well and truly shafted in the CFC and the Dipper games at The Etihad by some of the most woeful whistling the world saw last season. The only thing I would class as poor for the season would be the level of refereeing. Poor to woeful!

The scum have had a better season than us, says it all really

opinion on that probably differs from fan to fan, I look at the big boys cups rather than the shit stuff nobody really wants.. rags not in the CL and also never held a place in top 4 of the PL for long. This is embarresing for a big club, a club that can only boast mopping up trophies that go forgotten once won.

I would much prefer our season and the 4 points we took off the rags than swap seasons

Lots of ways to rate this
Home - 4/10
Away - 9/10
Cups - 8/10
Europe - 7/10

Probably overall 7/10 but as poster above says, an Ajax win would make it a 9.

6/10. I can see enough positive performances to warrant a healthy future. What I can't deny is that football is a results game. Anything below 4th would've finished him.

Yes just 6/10 sorry 5/10 the goal keeping fiasco was the down fall .

Joe would have won you us more points .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.