Ray Wilkins RIP

As a player, he seemed to split opinion, even amongst his own supporters, and his Italian football education didn’t really endear him to fans of the national team, especially when appearing alongside the marauding Brian Robson and popular Glenn Hoddle.

He was obviously a cultured player, but was never quite able to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. In fact, apart from his brilliant goal in the 1983 FA Cup Final, I’m struggling to remember anything of major significance, (although to be fair, he usually played for teams that I disliked)

I didn’t really mind him as a pundit, but you’ve got to be incredibly rude to make City fans feel sorry for Neil Custis.

Having said all that, he would stroll into the current England team, and it’s a sad day for those who remember him fondly.

RIP

Very sad, he always came across as a very, very polite and humble man. There aren't enough of them in the world. He was never too biased to notice excellence our team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.