RB: Boateng or Richards?

20sbc07

Now that we have seen Boateng a few times who would you rather have at Right back?

Micah gets my vote at right back with Boateng in the centre with Kompany.
Kolarov on the left.

Based on today's performances.....Richards. Had a blinder. Has he been to skill school this week, much better on the ball. Maybe the threat of knowing he is playing for his place has influenced his effort.

Before today I would of said boateng, but thought he looked a little slow and dopey today. Not what I expected for the fee he cost us.

I would say Boateng is a better center back than full back just based on what I have seen so far. Right back on current form should be Micah.

Boateng is too sloppy for me. Gave the ball away too much today. Richards had a stormer and was our best player.

The changes we made seemed to have a negative effect as we were much better in the 1st half.

I think next week Johnson really needs to play. Adebayor and Bolatelli also need to realise that much more effort is required when playing with ten men

Micah has lifted his game. Just needs to improve his composure once he gets into the box but looking top class again. Too early to rate Boateng but not a first choice for me yet.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:59 pm --<br /><br />Micah has lifted his game. Just needs to improve his composure once he gets into the box but looking top class again. Too early to rate Boateng but not a first choice for me yet.

Got to say, i've been shocked by Boateng so far. He's clearly a centre back not a full back, but it appears as though both Vinnie and Kolo are better centre backs than him at this moment in time. I think he's set for a spell on the bench as the first choice back up should someone get a knock, he's only a young lad don't forget. Micah was class today i thought, and our best back 4 is surely Richards, Kompany, Kolo and Kolarov (when fit).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.