RB: Boateng or Richards?

Chippy_boy said:
A bit irrelevant I know, but Richards going to sleep still cost us.

The third goal, he was too busy fanning about protesting that the ball was out, instead of running back to defend.

Still, fair play he tries hard and had a decent enough game.

Agree.Hes done that a few times,he must play the game,not whinge to the referee/other team mates.Played well today though.

Totnes Blue said:
Chippy_boy said:
A bit irrelevant I know, but Richards going to sleep still cost us.

The third goal, he was too busy fanning about protesting that the ball was out, instead of running back to defend.

Still, fair play he tries hard and had a decent enough game.

Agree.Hes done that a few times,he must play the game,not whinge to the referee/other team mates.Played well today though.

Unfortunately he did'nt switch off at that point, even after complaining to the ref he was still goalside of the Arsenal player so the attacker threw him right and then a left whilst he was running backwards and that was him tied-up (fuckt)...at that level...it's maybe best to not have musclemen doing the twist. Boateng...a 6ft 3 fullback....fuck off.

Jesus Christ, listen to yourselves.

He's just come back from injury, one of his first few competitive games and against Arsenal with a player sent off in the 5th minute. You don't get to be 1st choice RB for Germany and 2nd choice LB unless you're a good player.

Looks the like the boo boys have found a new target..........

leftpeg said:
Based on today's performances.....Richards. Had a blinder. Has he been to skill school this week, much better on the ball. Maybe the threat of knowing he is playing for his place has influenced his effort.

Before today I would of said boateng, but thought he looked a little slow and dopey today. Not what I expected for the fee he cost us.

And next game, you will say Boateng.

Micah is just way too inconsistent.

I was excited about boateng coming to city after seeing him in the world cup, so far I haven't been impressed at all. Micah tody was outstanding going forward, they couldnt stop him, his defensive abilities aren't so great through.

Still it could be alot worse.

Fat Chance said:
Totnes Blue said:

Unfortunately he did'nt switch off at that point, even after complaining to the ref he was still goalside of the Arsenal player so the attacker threw him right and then a left whilst he was running backwards and that was him tied-up (fuckt)...at that level...it's maybe best to not have musclemen doing the twist. Boateng...a 6ft 3 fullback....fuck off.
if you watch the goal again boetang totally lost his man who went on to poke the ball past joe

skybluepete said:
Fat Chance said:
if you watch the goal again boetang totally lost his man who went on to poke the ball past joe

Yeah....i'm kinda aware of that Pete...i was replying to what happened before the ball was put out through to the goalscorer and challenging the notion Richards was by-passed because he fell asleep... the kid simply took the piss out of richards in order to make the pass...Richards had not gone to sleep with the complaining, he had mirrored the attackers dummys and got himself out of sync. Simply what you'd do really faced with a fullback on his back foot, he did it well mind, he twisted Richards up to an extent where his weight ratio and feet positioning could only help him in a body popping competition, so well....even Boateng was stood gobsmacked. Both too big for fullbacks... full fuckin stop.

Fat Chance said:
skybluepete said:

Yeah....i'm kinda aware of that Pete...i was replying to what happened before the ball was put out through to the goalscorer and challenging the notion Richards was by-passed because he fell asleep... the kid simply took the piss out of richards in order to make the pass...Richards had not gone to sleep with the complaining, he had mirrored the attackers dummys and got himself out of sync. Simply what you'd do really faced with a fullback on his back foot, he did it well mind, he twisted Richards up to an extent where his weight ratio and feet positioning could only help him in a body popping competition, so well....even Boateng was stood gobsmacked. Both too big for fullbacks... full fuckin stop.

Now you're being silly. Big people aren't automatically more stupid than small ones.

Micah's brain made him stick his hand up and turn away from the touchline,
towards the ref, not his height.

If he doesn't make that move, it's orthodox defending; winger has to either got straight past him down the touchline (unlikely), or take a very long detour around him.

He had control and gave it away. Whilst his frame made recovery of the situation problematic, the solution is to never turn away in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.