RB: Boateng or Richards?

Chick Counterfly said:
Fat Chance said:

no offence meant :o)

No worries Kid, to a large extent (massive part of the job) a fullback needs to mirror a winger, a wingers job is to get the fullback going the wrong road. Large or large and heavy lots don't fare well when sent on a bum steer...the pass was made today whilst Richards was correcting his twisted position, it's the very reason he never attempted to block it out.....rolling along the floor at not such a great speed infront of him...the kid was busy....re-aligning his back in sync with which way his feet were pointing.

Nowt against big lumps, i'm much bigger than average and outweigh the pair of 'em, though i do understand what horses for courses means. Ever wondered why a mountain goat ain't shaped like a Giraffe.

Fat Chance said:
Chick Counterfly said:
no offence meant :o)

No worries Kid, to a large extent (massive part of the job) a fullback needs to mirror a winger, a winger job is to get the fullback going the wrong road. Large or large and heavy lots don't fare well when sent on a bum steer...the pass was made today whilst Richards was correcting his twisted position, it's the very reason he never attempted to block it out.....rolling along the floor at not such a great speed infront of him...the kid was busy....re-aligning his back in sync with which way his feet were pointing.

Nowt against big lumps, i'm much bigger than average and outweigh the pair of 'em, though i do understand what horses for courses means. Ever wondered why a mountain goat ain't shaped like a Giraffe.

true.

the only advantage the larger guy has is; it's a long way around him to get served at the bar.

you might be right about Boateng at RB. I hope he improves after *say* 25 games at this pace, pick the moments sooner, avoid exposing that lack of agility by altering his starting positions, making small, early adjustments. How successfully, is anyone's guess. Same principal goes for Yaya too. They are both big lumps but they also seem to have a relaxed style that to my mind, suggests a bit of footballing intelligence that can be worked with.

Remember Evra's debut? Great fullback, made to look like a complete idiot, because he was just a fraction behind the game.

Chick Counterfly said:
Fat Chance said:
No worries Kid, to a large extent (massive part of the job) a fullback needs to mirror a winger, a winger job is to get the fullback going the wrong road. Large or large and heavy lots don't fare well when sent on a bum steer...the pass was made today whilst Richards was correcting his twisted position, it's the very reason he never attempted to block it out.....rolling along the floor at not such a great speed infront of him...the kid was busy....re-aligning his back in sync with which way his feet were pointing.

true.

the only advantage the larger guy has is; it's a long way around him to get served at the bar.

you might be right about Boateng at RB. I hope he improves after *say* 25 games at this pace, pick the moments sooner, avoid exposing that lack of agility by altering his starting positions, making small, early adjustments. How successfully, is anyone's guess. Same principal goes for Yaya too. They are both big lumps but they also seem to have a relaxed style that to my mind, suggests a bit of footballing intelligence that can be worked with.

Remember Evra's debut? Great fullback, made to look like a complete idiot, because he was just a fraction behind the game.
This 100%, everything i wanted to post but couldnt.

I still have an issue with the way we don't push our defence out after an offensive push. We seem to sit back within the 18 yard box and track "potentially" offside offensive players rather than just play the buggers offside.

Might be simplistic on my part but time and time again our defence tracks back to look after offensive players who haven't got the ball....why ?

bluemoondays said:
Jesus Christ, listen to yourselves.

He's just come back from injury, one of his first few competitive games and against Arsenal with a player sent off in the 5th minute. You don't get to be 1st choice RB for Germany and 2nd choice LB unless you're a good player.

Looks the like the boo boys have found a new target..........

Spot on.

redmizzle said:
bluemoondays said:
Jesus Christ, listen to yourselves.

He's just come back from injury, one of his first few competitive games and against Arsenal with a player sent off in the 5th minute. You don't get to be 1st choice RB for Germany and 2nd choice LB unless you're a good player.

Looks the like the boo boys have found a new target..........

Spot on.
Thank you !!!!!!

She said she was 18 said:
Boateng for me anyday. Only somehow while playing in WC he seemed bit more confident, bit more beast. Maybe injury and new team and needs time to settle in, anyways Boateng it is

All these things. How long did it take Kompany to turn into the monster centre half he is today? He just needs time.

Saying that Richards looks like he's upped his game to see off the new competition. Very difficult to split them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.