RB Leipzig (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Important win in the sense that we can now hopefully win the group with 2 games to spare. Add that to our league cup exit and the demands on the squad seem much less onerous.

Great to have Rodri back in there and with his Uncle Rodrigo next to him little Rico put in a stunningly good performance from one so young.

Great to get nearly a ful game out of Bernie too. A good night at the office all round.

brie-larson-waiting.gif

(Bringing her back, because the match thread tonight at times... fuck me...)
We’ve needed her presents, she bring us luck!

There should be a poll on what people consider an enjoyable win! It felt like a sigh of relief to me!
I've had plenty of sighs of relief over the years like avoiding relegation, nowadays i tend to enjoy most of our football.

Considering we are bedding in several new signings and getting players back from injury i thought we played well, especially in a stadium we've failed to win at. Lewis ran midfield, Bernado looked fresh and hungry, Foden played well, and we had the majority of possession.

Alvarez and Doku came on and changed the game, Alverez scored a belter and Doku calmly slotted past their keeper.

I enjoyed watching that, like i said.

Decent performance away from home. 3 1 was a fair result even if we scored 2 of them pretty late on.

We dont half seem to concede from the oppositions first real shot far too often though and waste some chances ourselves.

Doku and Alvarez almost undroppable now
Not only do we seem to concede from the oppositions 1st shot, we also do from their 1st counter nowadays

Dominant performance, really noticeable how effortlessly we kept control of the ball. Having Rodri and Bernardo back makes a huge difference but young Rico is sensational - such poise and game intelligence for a youngster.

Josko was up for that tonight, gave a hint of what he is going to develop into with us.

We are simmering away, once we get the supply line into Haaland back up and running we will blow a few teams away. Hopefully starting Sunday.

Easy night only made difficult for spells by ourselves with our own poor passing.

We aren’t quite in our stride this season, we look a bit off in our passing and finishing but our relentlessness of possession tired them out in the end and they were gone.

Lewis and Foden played well, Álvarez was brilliant when he came on.

Leipzig are a very poor side.
Agree with most points but not this

Totally dominant performance till we gave away that poor goal. I love Jack but Doku a much better attacking threat at the moment. Alvarez excellent again and Erling just having one of those periods all strikers go through. Rico superb. Great away win and in total control of the group. Bring on Arsenal!

Would've been a travesty if we hadn't have won that match. Great victory and a fine first half performance where we should've put the game to bed. But as always our opponents score with their first chance, why does this always happen?
Erling needs to get firing again, just not happening for him at present, but fear not he's out of my fantasy team for Sunday which means he'll bag at least a couple

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.