RB Leipzig (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Hate it when bus parking bastards break away and score but we had the last laugh by doing that when they had to have a go at us.

All in all a very good away performance in the UCL.

My word we do have some fine young players.

Very hard away win vs a very good RB Leipzig.
Yes it could have been better but we are just not firing and finding our best form in front of goal at the moment.
Good from Foden, Lewis, Gvardiol, Subs Doku Álvarez changed the game and the result.

Sometimes the result is more important than the way we played

That last goal was a thing of beauty.
What a performance by Rivo Lewis in the number 8 role though.
David Silvaesc.

We looked really good i thought.

The shape, balance really suited the players and against footballing sides this could be our starting lineup for a while. It's a shame Rodri can't play against the arse :-(

Gvardiol, Rodri, Bernie, Rico and Phil were all superb.

I was surprised Rico started, but wow! He put in a brilliant performance and looked perfect for that right half, number 8, role.

Phil was my motm, he was excellent and took control in the second half.

I enjoyed that tonight, well played CITY!
The balance definitely looked better with Bernie on the right and Walker able to be further back. Only problem is Foden and Alvarez. Alvarez has to start but unless he sticks Foden left wing it certainly effects the balance of the team playing both especially against a top side (i know it worked well against Newcastle).

Three great goals. Rico played a blinder, superb cameos from Doku & Alvarez.
Agreed. Rico needs to be playing in midfield where he can shine like that, not put in defence where he can be exposed.

Didn’t realise Doku could finish like that; made it look easy but we have one or two who might not have scored that so easily.

Really enjoyed the way we controlled the game tonight; the passing and interchange was a lot more crisp and a step up from most of what I’ve seen this season so far.

A great midweek of results really.
There are only 4 teams left in the comp with full points after 2 matches, and we’re one of ‘em
:-)

I'm gonna come right out & say it.

Haaland is a supreme goal scorer, BUT when he's not scoring, he offers very little else. His form has dipped recently, but today we were playing with 10 for the most part. Pep should have taken Haaland off for Alvarez on 65-70 minutes, saving him for Sunday, because we needed more than he could give us today.

Foden's goal was all down to his sublime shooting control. Hopefully we all appreciate how good Lewis's movement was to pass, move, collect & cut back for Foden to dispatch the bobbling ball beyond the goalie.

The Alvarez goal was a thing of beauty. He had to dig it out from underneath himself, then curled it into the top right corner. BRILLIANT, & it gave us back the lead our dominance deserved.

Doku caused fucking havoc when he came on, attracting several Leipsig players which created space in central areas. And what a pass from Alvarez & a cool, calm, collected finish from Jeremie! I don't think we'd have scored that goal if it was Jack.

What a difference having Rodri & Bernardo made! They made us look like Manchester City again!

My MoTM Lewis gave a dominant performance tonight. He made a few errant passes early on, but once he found his range he was absolutely top drawer.

This was a good away CL win after two disappointing losses. Pep went back to the drawing board & our formation & tactics were more what we'd expect.

Hopefully this is the catalyst to get ourselves back on track for a seriously difficult away match against the Arseholes. Roll on Sunday! \0/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.