RB Leipzig (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Dominated pretty much the whole game but struggled until late on to create much...yet still won 3-1

Teams are strangling the life out of the creativte lines to Haaland..he isnt getting many chances at all and the likes of Bernardo and Grealish definitely need to step it up

Big praise for Foden....really stepped up again.
Gvardiol was great as well.

Alvarez is pure class...he would be a guaranteed starter in nearly any other team in the world...he could be as big for us as Haaland is already he is that good.

Leipzig are a very good team, but the scoreline was deserved in the end and, really, it should've been a lot bigger.

We were absolutely dominant and I know an away win in Europe is always a good result, but it worries me a bit that we seem to allowing the "1 chance, 1 goalers" back again this season. They had absolutely no right to be 1-1 with us for so long and they had enough good chances to make this difficult and a better team would've done. I know it wasn't our strongest team but still.

Lewis was superb today and he is going to be some player once he fills out. He read the game so well you'd think he was 27. He will start against Arsenal and Pep's interview afterwards told you what he thinks. If Phillips doesn't get the hint now, he never will - if he wants to play for England, he needs to find another club in January as Lewis is simply better in midfield, he's an intelligent, quick footballer who has some career ahead of him.

I had Alvarez at MOTM over Lewis as he changed the game when he came on. The goal was absolutely magnificent and it's another top class goal following on from the weekend. His pass to "The Dok" was pixel perfect. Alvarez turned the game from a draw to a canter, he was brilliant.

Dare I say it, think on current form, Alvarez should be our first choice striker. I know Haaland gets heavily marked but he's forgotten his shooting boots at the moment and unless he's scoring, he doesn't contribute as much as Alvarez does. Don't get me wrong, Haaland is the best striker on the planet by a mile but on current form, I'd play Alvarez.

Great away result and just what we needed before Arsenal.

COME ON CITY!

Thought it was a wise performance from the blues tonight, the substations to bring in Jez and Julian were a master stroke , Doku ruined the Leipzig right back … and the Alvarez goal was world class …

God I hope we get to that UCL final at Wembley …

Dominated pretty much the whole game but struggled until late on to create much...yet still won 3-1

Teams are strangling the life out of the creativte lines to Haaland..he isnt getting many chances at all and the likes of Bernardo and Grealish definitely need to step it up

Big praise for Foden....really stepped up again.
Gvardiol was great as well.

Alvarez is pure class...he would be a guaranteed starter in nearly any other team in the world...he could be as big for us as Haaland is already he is that good.
Haaland is getting chances, he's just going through one of those spells that all strikers go through, even the very best. You can tell he's incredibly frustrated with himself at the moment but it will come.

I knew we were going to win once the substitutions were made.
Liepzig changed two players with 'out there' haircuts with two players with sensible haircuts.
Pep countered this by changing one sensible haircut and one 'out there' haircut with like for like, therefore keeping the balance of the team right.
Liepzig were 'sensible haircut' heavy, resulting in Alverez scoring.
They tried a late 'out there' haircut change, but Pep was onto it and followed suit.
Major mistake by Leipzig manager, you just can't do that at this level!!!

Might not be a popular opinion but Doku, for me, offers so much more than Jack ... and I'm a big fan of Grealish.

You can see right backs absolutely shit themselves when Doku has the bit between his teeth and, more often than not, there's something really productive on the end of one of his runs.

Jack lately seems to get in an advanced position and then passes it back to someone who is now occupying the space he's just run from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.