RB Leipzig (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Haaland is literally a negative in the team right now, he doesn’t do anything for the team and chances we create for him he keeps wasting it.
What a stupid comment. He attracts defenders to him which makes space for other players. It's for the other players to make the best use of the space created.

Have been reading through the thread to see if anyone else thought the same. It’s probably easier to say because we won….but I like Leipzig.
Some really nice touches from them on social media…tribute to Franny…the gesture for Gvardiol…their players didn’t seem to be dicks, played with great spirit. And I don’t mean that patronisingly….fair play to them.
RB are hated by other fans in Germany as being ‘new money’ and not a traditional team. That would also be the same misguided view about City as well - maybe RB see us a fellow riders & therefore don’t feel the need to be dicks.

Might not be a popular opinion but Doku, for me, offers so much more than Jack ... and I'm a big fan of Grealish.

You can see right backs absolutely shit themselves when Doku has the bit between his teeth and, more often than not, there's something really productive on the end of one of his runs.

Jack lately seems to get in an advanced position and then passes it back to someone who is now occupying the space he's just run from.
Jack passes back to the player behind way too much. Yes, he keeps possession, but that's nothing without end product.
Most of the time tonight Jack was passing back to Gvardiol.
Ain't no pulses racing with that move.
Doku did that a few times, to be fair to Jack, but he also was passing it inside, the goal was evidence of this.
Jack is better when he moves inside, he almost got Haaland a goal doing this, but he also lost possession after the break like this and they scored.
Jack is great, but he needs a more defined role to roam inside. Defenders know he's gonna pass back 9 times out of 10.

Haaland is literally a negative in the team right now, he doesn’t do anything for the team and chances we create for him he keeps wasting it.
ace-ventura-creepy-smile-look-owub6zdqnp1mnaej.gif

We looked really good i thought.

The shape, balance really suited the players and against footballing sides this could be our starting lineup for a while. It's a shame Rodri can't play against the arse :-(

Gvardiol, Rodri, Bernie, Rico and Phil were all superb.

I was surprised Rico started, but wow! He put in a brilliant performance and looked perfect for that right half, number 8, role.

Phil was my motm, he was excellent and took control in the second half.

I enjoyed that tonight, well played CITY!
Disagree with your motm. It was Rico for me. Everything else I agree with you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.