RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

Walker had a really ropey 15 minutes or so, conceded an unnecessary corner which ultimately led to their goal and then gave away possession a couple of times.

The thing about Walker is he’s often very poorly positioned to receive the ball. He picks up the ball facing his own goal and he’s not comfortable turning in possession so he ends running or passing inside across or backwards.
He also elbowed one of their players and body checked another in the second half. It was like he was completely wound up but nothing had actually happened to wind him up.

Was a strange second half from Walker.

I still feel it's a great result vs one of the best and inform team at their home ground, forget the 1st half/ 2nd half,
it's the first leg of the tie, we got a result that suits us and not them, I do feel many have disrespected RB-leipzig and feel it's the easiest tie of the round and city should walk it,

again come the 2nd leg Manchester city have to be very respectful, Pep and the players will not be fool, it will be another hard game we will need to be at our best to win, forget the media saying we should have dicked them and won the tie last night, That is playing into their hands and pep and city do not play the media games or fool for them thinking we do,

look, if we win the 2nd leg then the job is done, nobody really will remember the 1st leg or the score

Last edited:
He also elbowed one of their players and body checked another in the second half. It was like he was completely wound up but nothing had actually happened to wind him up.

Was a strange second half from Walker.
Walker is usually very slow in getting back in defence after being up the field and the move breaks down. We usually see him trotting back into the picture when the ball is in our net. I also think that he is probably our least technical player. His main asset is speed going forward but his passing is not consistent. How many times have we seen him well beaten at the back post to concede goals.

I still feel it's a great result vs one of the best and inform team at their home ground, forget the 1st half/ 2nd half,
it's the first leg of the tie, we got a result that suits us and not them, I do feel many have disrespected RB-leipzig and feel it's the easiest tie of the round and city should walk it,

again come the 2nd leg Manchester city have to be very respectful, Pep and the player will not be fool, it will be another hard game we will need to be at our best to win, forget the media saying we should have dicked them and won the tie last night, That is playing into their hands and pep and city do not play the media games or fool for them thinking we do,

look, if we win the 2nd leg then the job is done, nobody really will remember the 1st leg or the score

Good man.

My take on Grealish, maybe move him inside. You can't get the ball off him, any fouls would likely be in shooting distance.....
That leaves Foden to play slightly left (or up top left). No idea who would make way in midfield though.
Perfect chance to do that was yesterday, with Kev being out. I would love to see Jack with Kev's free role.

again come the 2nd leg Manchester city have to be very respectful, Pep and the player will not be fool, it will be another hard game we will need to be at our best to win, forget the media saying we should have dicked them and won the tie last night, That is playing into their hands and pep and city do not play the media games or fool for them thinking we do,

It's not about winning the first or second leg. We are concerned about the ability of the team to reach the final and win it. With such poor performances ( as per City standard) in the recent games, we are worried that neither Pep nor the players are at their best, and it seems they will never be this season. No consistency at all, we can't predict the team performance any more.

I don't think many of our players don't look for him, they just can't see him.

It's what makes Kev and Dave the players they are.

If we don't have that creativity, you find someone like Haaland by using raw pace and crossing.
Yes, the great players, Kev and Dave, see Erlings runs before they receive the ball and so the pass is played quickly. We have some really good players, Bernie, Gundo but they are reactionary. When they see Erlings runs, it is to late.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.