RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

I've read some of our social media commentators comment that:

"That reminded me of the CL matchup first leg at Spurs where we didn't go for it and bank on going home to win. Let's see if it pays off this time"

I think we did go for it.. we just didn't score since Grealish missed, Haaland missed and the pen wasn't called. We could have easily been up 1-3 in the leg had our finishing been better!

The only thing is we didn't choose to play a fully open basketball game of back and forth!

You can not think like that ?
Teams can be flying and don't win anything, or teams are very patchy and can turn up on the day and win,
football is like that, nobody knows until the final whistle, even in a 2 legged tie, you will get-ups and downs,
I am truly a big believer of Lady luck, she can play a major part in football and get in your head
So let's see what the rest of the seasons brings and then judge,

could you imagine if we won the Champions League this season ? It would be the biggest season in our clubs' history
all these bollocks about it a shit season and Pep and player have mugged us off ?

If we win the Champions League are you to call out Pep and players for having a bad season and was shit vs notts forest or at home to Brentford or that offside Rashford goal ?
You gave me some hope man. It is true, City was the best team during sometimes in the past and should have won it at least twice during Pep time, but unfortunatly we could not. Thus, I hope the Lady Luck can give us a favor this time and pay its dues.

it is pep at least in part...listen to his aftr match comments talking about control and an extra pass (refering to Gundo, Grealish and Mahrez in particular)....well the players have got into bad habits now and NONE of them are making those forward passes cause he wants control and that extra pass gives Pep the control he wants

I think Pep has lost himself a little at present.
Pep wants Haaland to be found, hence the whole structure change to accommodate him. He is not the one refusing the final pass when it’s so obvious the pass doesn’t need to be perfect

The ref spokesman on BT (forgotten his name) said he had a direct link to VAR and it wasn't even considered for a possible penalty.

Had that alleged handball incident been against us then you can bet your bottom dollar dime shilling or pound the ref would have been instructed to go to his monitor and give a penalty.
And does anyone think for 1 sec if it was Dias using Gvardiol as a step ladder that the goal would have stood?

pep said ,he was not fit, well he must be by now pep, whats the script with foden, pep seems to be having issues with a lot of players , his views on bringing subs on, are a disgrace, absolute shite.

As someone who’s trying to learn a lot more about the intricacies of the game, can someone explain to me why Foden doesn’t get playing time in the midfield? Is it simply cause Pep doesn’t want to lose the ball?

After watching the video’s like the one below, it just blows me away of how many of these passes look identical to the ones we are begging our players to read and make with Haaland (ironically enough Foden can’t make the simple ones)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.