RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

Result could have been whatever. That was about the most soporific 90 minutes of football i've watched since....we last played...and the time before. We're wasting a fucking goal scoring savant. We're wasting him. We've bought the best pure goalscorer of the last 20 years and we're fucking wasting him. 26 goals sure. But most of them came pre world cup - and are we sure Pep isn't coaching the instinct out of him. Everything pep does is deliberate. There is no instinct.

We play boring football. I fucking love city, every day we play i love it, it makes my week, it makes me happy - but not this year. I want to win - but my god I want to be entertained at least a little. We have been so diabolically passive in too many games this year. This is entertainment. This is what we work for, to go to the games, to watch the football, to enjoy ourselves. I'm not enjoying this at all.

Rant over. Fuck fuck cufifucjcki jheolf
It should be said more really. We are very boring to watch. We never used to be but it was like we were actively trying not to get the ball forwards on purpose in that second half.

I still don’t get the Grealish hype. Has he improved yes is he a great player? Not for me. Mahrez gets shit, from me inc, but he still offers more.

So you think that was acceptable, do you? We could barely string half a dozen passes together. We were pedestrian. We looked bereft of attacking ideas. The refusal of the manager to make changes to freshen up the side is bizarre. The big positive is that we didn't lose. But if we get past Leipzig, we'll need to considerably up our performances, and up them to 90 minute levels, not the current 45 minute ones.
At least we have the non penalty to console ourselves with , the facts are we are dog shite in the final third , I’d rather we have no striker on the pitch , we are a shadow of the team from last season

Get a grip ?

They are a very good team and at home with their fans you take a 1.1 all day of the week in the 1st leg,
in fact, if city won 3.0, I would fear for the 2nd leg and us turning off big time, then it's too late,
we just did enough and looking at the pen shout we should be getting them with VAR,

them little things in the Champions League punish you, but I think pep would take 1.1 with a home leg to come

Not a bad result, but slightly disappointed we didn't come away with a win after the first half where we completely dominated. Incredible VAR didn't even check the handball at the end.

Another good performance from Jack and Gundo also had a decent game. Slightly concerning that Erling is getting visably frustrated about not being played in enough.
Media in his ear

Can’t lie, I expected that as the season went on that we would show signs that we’re adapting to Haaland’s game and that Pep knew how to use him. I thought him not being involved in matches was no concern as it would come with time. Well it’s getting worse. Honestly think it’s a huge issue now. Is it Pep, is it the players, is it both? Not sure, but Haaland is looking more and more fed up every week. You can see he’s inside his own head now, he’s not playing on instinct. And to make it even worse, Alvarez is getting less and less time on the pitch. We signed two of the best young strikers on the planet and are doing our best to make them both regret their decisions.

They also dominated at Bernabeu and were the superior team until the 80th minute. We were without KDB, Stones/Laporte too. Also drew against Bayern where they were superior by the way.
So 1 creative player missing and we are boring as fuck. We had 1 shot on target second half?

State of this thread FFS it's full of absolute plebs.

We drew away to a very decent side in the Champions League we didn't fucking lose to Rochdale like some of u make out.

Pathetic. You all need to give your heads a wobble and a very good wobble.

We had them dead to rights in the first half.

You shouldn't be happy with a draw when you had the lead unless you think you were the underdog going in.

It doesn't mean we need drastic change, but this was an avoidable result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.