RB Leipzig (A) - Wed 22nd Feb, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a wander to the stadium and it's a piece of piss to get to. 30 minute walk from the main train station so for those who struggle with walking it'd be 10 minutes tops in a taxi. However it's located quite high up from the main road so I imagine there's quite a few steps to get up there.

Some decent looking pubs on route too. One called Sky Pub looked particularly good. Had an RB Leipzig flag hanging outside and a City/Leipzig half and half scarf above the door. Doesn't open till 5pm though but as it's on route to the ground from my digs I think I'll pop in.

Not seen many blues whilst wandering around the centre. Seems a bit of a sedate city on 1st impression but the ground looks decent so the closer it gets to kick off I'm sure it'll wake up a bit.

Have a top day blues.

Fwiw, I'd take a draw and do them in the 2nd leg. These lot look a dangerous side.
well so far, flight cancelled from dusseldorf to berlin euro wings had to get a 6 hour train hit for £126e if all goes well in liepzig 6pm few city fans on this train, left man at 805am, and now we hear we got a strike on public transport in liepzig!!! fin great

I follow the Bundesliga closely and Leipzig have been a hit-or-miss kind of team this season. When on form, they can cause a lot of damage. They can be scary offensively but lack defensively – similar to us. But they also had quite a few questionable performances out of nowhere where they look off and make too many mistakes. The 0-4 against Frankfurt in September is a good example. Huge advantage for us that Nkunku is probably out, if Olmo is as well – perfect. I expect either a close and difficult game, or we batter them. Depends on our matchday form and Pep's approach.

KDB being out may mean that we go back to a standard back 4, Bernardo pushing into the 8 and Ake back to LB. For me its:

Ederson

Walker - Akanji - Dias - Ake

Rodri

Gundo - Bernardo

Mahrez - Haaland - Grealish

I wouldn't be against Foden playing either, thought he looked good when he played the other night, albeit he should've bagged a couple.

That's a good team, that. Bernardo's Duracell energy, with Gundo's cunning and late runs. Like it. The rock, Rodri, to protect the back line and feed the ball out to the creators (he can do that a bit, himself, while we're about it).
Would have preferred Aymeric in the back line but if he isn't fit, he isn't fit. I also like the front line. Mahrez and Grealish have been in form, and you've got to start them, at least. If it isn't happening up front, we've got Phil and Julián — not too shabby, eh?
All in all, I look at that team and feel fairly confident. If he plays it, of course.
Has Cole Palmer travelled, incidentally? I wouldn't write that lad off too soon because he had two or three not very impressive games.

I am quietly confident about tonight. We played really well against forest. Ake will more than likely come in to combat the counter and Bernie in midfield with no Kev. Which lets be honest is a good thing on his recent form. Absolute belter of a player and a match winner on any day but with a team changing up its style the lack of control causing ball turnover has led to some hairy moments at the back. I wouldn’t be surprised if Foden or Jack takes up the middle with Bernie continuing at Lb. The control we have on build up with him outweighs any negatives for me.

I expect plenty of press tonight but if we find ourselves without the ball I am also comfortable and confident we will be able to score.

1-2 win.

won’t need public transport to get to ground. It’s walkable from the main train station. Also outside main train station they are doing special shuttles for away fans that take you to our gate.
well so far, flight cancelled from dusseldorf to berlin euro wings had to get a 6 hour train hit for £126e if all goes well in liepzig 6pm few city fans on this train, left man at 805am, and now we hear we got a strike on public transport in liepzig!!! fin great

Had a wander to the stadium and it's a piece of piss to get to. 30 minute walk from the main train station so for those who struggle with walking it'd be 10 minutes tops in a taxi. However it's located quite high up from the main road so I imagine there's quite a few steps to get up there.

Some decent looking pubs on route too. One called Sky Pub looked particularly good. Had an RB Leipzig flag hanging outside and a City/Leipzig half and half scarf above the door. Doesn't open till 5pm though but as it's on route to the ground from my digs I think I'll pop in.

Not seen many blues whilst wandering around the centre. Seems a bit of a sedate city on 1st impression but the ground looks decent so the closer it gets to kick off I'm sure it'll wake up a bit.

Have a top day blues.

Fwiw, I'd take a draw and do them in the 2nd leg. These lot look a dangerous side.
Market square also lively with a fair amount of blues congregating in the bars in the top left corner

If we turn up we can beat anyone, but we are so inconsistent at the moment that I have no idea how this game will turn out. Things are going to click and someone is going to get a tonking in the near future, let's hope it's them tonight.

I hope, in the name of all that is holy, that we don't lose tonight, because I can guarantee you all the press has a Panic on the streets of Leipzig headline ready to roll.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more!
Or as Vincent Kompany said after Burnley's match at Millwall last night "I'd never accept anyone being more motivated than us."

4-2 City. Thought it yesterday and dreamed the same last night. Vivid dream, saw Foden, Grealish, Haaland & Pep. Uwe Rosler was in the crowd.

That's a good team, that. Bernardo's Duracell energy, with Gundo's cunning and late runs. Like it. The rock, Rodri, to protect the back line and feed the ball out to the creators (he can do that a bit, himself, while we're about it).
Would have preferred Aymeric in the back line but if he isn't fit, he isn't fit. I also like the front line. Mahrez and Grealish have been in form, and you've got to start them, at least. If it isn't happening up front, we've got Phil and Julián — not too shabby, eh?
All in all, I look at that team and feel fairly confident. If he plays it, of course.
Has Cole Palmer travelled, incidentally? I wouldn't write that lad off too soon because he had two or three not very impressive games.
If we remember back to a couple seasons ago when Kevin was injured a lot, we won the league with Bernardo & Gundo as 8's and they were both amazing that season.

Palmer has travelled, can't see him coming on though unless something crazy happens with the score..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.