RB Leipzig (A) - Wed 22nd Feb, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
KDB being out may mean that we go back to a standard back 4, Bernardo pushing into the 8 and Ake back to LB. For me its:

Ederson

Walker - Akanji - Dias - Ake

Rodri

Gundo - Bernardo

Mahrez - Haaland - Grealish

I wouldn't be against Foden playing either, thought he looked good when he played the other night, albeit he should've bagged a couple.
Yes, back 4 best imho. Pity two first choices there are missing, Stones would make all the difference. Not easy, but we can squeeze by. Would take a draw and hope to finish the job in second leg.

Had a wander to the stadium and it's a piece of piss to get to. 30 minute walk from the main train station so for those who struggle with walking it'd be 10 minutes tops in a taxi. However it's located quite high up from the main road so I imagine there's quite a few steps to get up there.

Some decent looking pubs on route too. One called Sky Pub looked particularly good. Had an RB Leipzig flag hanging outside and a City/Leipzig half and half scarf above the door. Doesn't open till 5pm though but as it's on route to the ground from my digs I think I'll pop in.

Not seen many blues whilst wandering around the centre. Seems a bit of a sedate city on 1st impression but the ground looks decent so the closer it gets to kick off I'm sure it'll wake up a bit.

Have a top day blues.

Fwiw, I'd take a draw and do them in the 2nd leg. These lot look a dangerous side.

Although we have not been at our best recently, I can’t understand the degree of panic on this thread. From what I have seen of Leipzig, they are a decent team with a couple of very good players.
However, the Bundesliga is not the strongest of leagues with the exception of Bayern, Dortmund and a couple of others.
We have enough quality within our squad to win this game, although I do feel that we will miss Kev tonight.
I also don’t understand some of the comments about Alvarez being disappointing. The lad hasn’t had too many opportunities and it is hard to judge his ability to change a game when he is only given 5 or 10 minutes.
Let’s get stuck in tonight and bring back a positive result.

Crazy that the second leg isn’t till the 14th of March, makes it feel more like two league games rather than a two leg knockout.

That aside, they’re clearly a decent side as they gained 12 points in their group games, although 6 of those points were earned against a Scottish side. They did however get a win against Real Madrid, winning 3-2 at home, so they are probably a level above Liverpool’s standard this season.

Although we have not been at our best recently, I can’t understand the degree of panic on this thread. From what I have seen of Leipzig, they are a decent team with a couple of very good players.
However, the Bundesliga is not the strongest of leagues with the exception of Bayern, Dortmund and a couple of others.
We have enough quality within our squad to win this game, although I do feel that we will miss Kev tonight.
I also don’t understand some of the comments about Alvarez being disappointing. The lad hasn’t had too many opportunities and it is hard to judge his ability to change a game when he is only given 5 or 10 minutes.
Let’s get stuck in tonight and bring back a positive result.

That's funny, I'm not reading panic. I'm reading the need to take them seriously. As you always should, for any team that get to this stage of the competition. We stay focussed, we take them seriously, we play at a decent rhythm, and I believe we win this one. Maybe even by a two-goal margin.
But I'd take a draw, no problem.
Agree with you about Álvarez, incidentally. It's forgotten, but people on here were running down Nate Aké the first year he was here, and he hardly bloody played, because of injury! Now looks like one of our most dependable defenders…

On the BBC in the “latest news and reaction” there’s 9 updates on the Rags complete with their badge, all positives for a match tomorrow night in the shitty Europa cup.

Meanwhile for the CL we get one update on KDB and Laporte being injured, one on the stats and one on Upson (Matthew who?) saying Leipzig are the best counter attacking team in Europe despite them being 5th in the League and winning one of their last three games in the fish and chip shop League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.