RB Leipzig (A) - Wed 4th Oct, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would start Alvarez over Haaland. Bernardo, Lewis, Grealish are not direct, so I think Haaland will have very little service in this game, and Alvarez is better in this scenario. Other than that, clearly, we are going for full control game.
Honestly- I completely agree but given Haaland's well-recorded love of the competition and his goal-scoring record in it, the chances of him being dropped are slim to none.

I would start Alvarez over Haaland. Bernardo, Lewis, Grealish are not direct, so I think Haaland will have very little service in this game, and Alvarez is better in this scenario. Other than that, clearly, we are going for full control game.
I agree. That’s consecutive games Haaland hasn’t scored in, get rid in Jan

The worry tonight is the team lacks creativity. Having said that Pep looks like he has gone for control. Let’s see how we do. At least we have options on the bench.

Happy with that line up. Bench is looking strong also. Think we can safely safe that Phillips won’t be here after next summer.

Come on city. Let’s get back on track with a good solid win tonight. Stop conceding counter attacks would be a start.

Welcome back John and Bernie.

Hoping for a reaction tonight.
After Wolves, I remembered from back in 2018 when Pep said to the lads in training, ‘You’re tired? Fuck you! You’re tired? Fuck you! You’re not tired if you want to be Champions!’

You can easily imagine what he’s been saying in training this week to the lads. That was the weakest performance we’ve put in since Spurs away last season.

There’ll definitely be a reaction, this is a massive week!

Proper message to kovacic and Nunes that. Poor performances will not be tolerated here. If you have an off day, mediocre is the bare minimum, nothing less is acceptable. Zero excuses for not getting the 3 points tonight with that side. Shows the importance of bernardo, im certain he wouldnt be thrown back in in an ideal situation. Grealish needs to turn up tonight. I am slightly concerned what he will do weekend though, lewis will get bullied if he's anchoring us alone, wouldn't bet against seeing Lewis fullback and gvardiol midfield if not to start with then at some point, just seems a better fit all round.
I agree with your assessment of kova and nunes. The standards are higher here and a good 7/10 is required most weeks. Grealish was name checked by pep the other day so it’s safe to say he will start more games. He ain’t going to set up goals or score regularly but he brings a unique ability to keep the ball and stop the counters which can kill us as we have seen against wolves. Gvardiol is still learning the ropes and Lewis is not suited to lb. Swapping the two may cause problems we don’t need.

I always look at the lineup like a puzzle. Who brings what to the table individually for the team to excel. Nice balance tonight.

Away form is not the best. 2-2 draw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.