RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

positives : great result, really good goals, played very well going forward, 6 goals. jack with a beauty!

negative : does anyone think it's a coincidence that whenever Ake is on the pitch suddenly all of our defense turns to shit? You can argue whether or not the goals were his fault (I certainly think so), but the man's positioning is always so out of place that other defenders have to do extra work to cover for him, leaving them exposed. Just like a good defender like dias can make our bad defense from 2 years ago great, a bad defender like ake can create issues for all players.

Again ask yourself if it's a coincidence that our defense suddenly looks like this with him on the pitch

Not sure what to make of that, we score six but really poor performance. Gave the ball away as much as I’ve seen in recent years. They were excellent going forward but shite at the back. Take the win though especially as psg drop points.

Looked shaky at times when they drove at us with Ake getting caught flat footed at times. Game suited ferna more than rodhri and we looked better when he came on. Even better result considering the PSG score so good night all round.

Bizarre game of football that, never seemed like we were wanting to break out in to a sweat yet we end up scoring six. Defensively we were a complete shambles, and whilst Ake scored a fine header we always look like conceding a couple when he plays. Cancelo motm for me, great attacking threat
We don’t actually concede just because Ake plays though and blaming him tonight is an easy out for some poor pressing from midfield and not great goalkeeping.

Not sure what to make of that, we score six but really poor performance. Gave the ball away as much as I’ve seen in recent years. They were excellent going forward but shite at the back. Take the win though especially as psg drop points.
"really poor performance" is a huge overstatement, I am sorry. we were brilliant going forward. End of the day we didn't even give away that many chances, leipzig literally scored 3 from 3 shots on target.

Red bull gives you...er, um, er, ...wins ?

Anyway, great start for the blue boys, good result in the other fixture too, onwards city !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.