RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

positives : great result, really good goals, played very well going forward, 6 goals. jack with a beauty!

negative : does anyone think it's a coincidence that whenever Ake is on the pitch suddenly all of our defense turns to shit? You can argue whether or not the goals were his fault (I certainly think so), but the man's positioning is always so out of place that other defenders have to do extra work to cover for him, leaving them exposed. Just like a good defender like dias can make our bad defense from 2 years ago great, a bad defender like ake can create issues for all players.

Again ask yourself if it's a coincidence that our defense suddenly looks like this with him on the pitch
For all the grief he’s getting I think you can trace all three of their goals to midfielders losing it and putting an overload on the back four.

More pissed off that my "Ooooooh-Brobby-Brobby-Brobby" post got no likes, than I am about the "apparent" shit defending.

6-3, can't really moan about that IMO

I do actually.

Complete bollocks.
okay, well I don't. 1st goal he's not covering the attacker, second goal he's not covering the run, 3rd goal he overcommits, mistimes his tackle and leaves space in behind.

It all trickles down. not everything is his fault all the time but our defense as a unit works far worse with him on the pitch. maybe it's lack of experience.

Great 3 points as all teams will take points off each other in this group but it was a poor performance which sounds strange after winning 6-3.

unlucky to have his goal ruled out but Torres was invisible for much of the game, the midfield was extremely sloppy and slow with huge gaps between midfield and defence ehich they got into often and the defence was all over the place and Ederson back to one of those games where everything on target was a goal.

He was even weak/poor with their offside goal.

Our defending was pure comedy at times.
We cannot afford to be doing that v PSG, we will get fisted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.