RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Scored 6 yet it somehow felt like we were quite a bit off our best. Give the ball away a bit too much and rather unbalanced with a few too many players only really wanting to play in the opposition half and not track back to help the defence.

I thought Cancelo was very good going forward but with Mahrez and KDB in front of him, he didn't get much defensive support. Grealish also played well and scored a lovely goal. Torres had some good moments and unlucky to have his goal ruled out. KDB put some decent crosses in but otherwise looked a bit rusty and understandably not totally fit. Defence all did ok but didn't get much help at times.

Excellent result but we need to tighten up for the tougher games coming up.

We don’t actually concede just because Ake plays though and blaming him tonight is an easy out for some poor pressing from midfield and not great goalkeeping.
They just walked through our midfield until Fernandinho showed the rest how it should be done.

Main concern from this game is hopefully Rodri isn't out a while. Defensively we'll be fine once Walker is in the team and Ake is out.

Playing De Bruyne also impacted the midfield, defensive cover and pressing. He'll be fine once up to speed.

does anyone think it's a coincidence that whenever Ake is on the pitch suddenly all of our defense turns to shit?
I do actually. (You are ignoring every time we don’t look shit with him in defence because it doesn’t fit your scapegoat agenda).

You can argue whether or not the goals were his fault (I certainly think so), but the man's positioning is always so out of place that other defenders have to do extra work to cover for him, leaving them exposed.
Complete bollocks.

Crazy game. Let’s hope we have that out of our system now before Saturday.

Ake & Zin looked well off the pace.

Eddie very nonchalant.

Super Jack is class.

The rest did ok but not good enough as a defensive unit tonight.

It was good fun tho :)

positives : great result, really good goals, played very well going forward, 6 goals. jack with a beauty!

negative : does anyone think it's a coincidence that whenever Ake is on the pitch suddenly all of our defense turns to shit? You can argue whether or not the goals were his fault (I certainly think so), but the man's positioning is always so out of place that other defenders have to do extra work to cover for him, leaving them exposed. Just like a good defender like dias can make our bad defense from 2 years ago great, a bad defender like ake can create issues for all players.

Again ask yourself if it's a coincidence that our defense suddenly looks like this with him on the pitch
He might be there again on Saturday!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.