RB Leipzig (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Walker “offers us nothing”, give over, last night we played a high line, in most games he’s more restrained and gives us protection from counter attacks, his pace is still incredible. Hes a brilliant player and one game doesn’t define his role in the team.
I said playing so high if he' plays it's to cover the defence is what I meant.

Typical City. From the lowest depths to pure magic. Haaland's two left feet, all those misplaced passes where the ball kept rolling to a ghost in the east stand, the sheer amount of space Openda had and the possession we allowed them....first half was among the worst 45 minutes I've seen City play since the 90s. And then the energy of our super-subs - Doku, Ake and Alvarez - changed the game. Memorable night. Glad I was there.
Guessing you’ve blanked the Stuart Pearce reign out of your mind

In a totally different area of the ground last night, East stand level two, thanks to an old mate of mine giving me his friend's ticket who was on holiday. Interesting.

As I'm in safe standing in the South stand it was like chalk and cheese. While the padded seats were lovely and comfy sitting down all game isn't for me. As you can imagine nobody swears or sings much. Also I'd forgetten how bloody annoying it is to have to keep standing up when somebody wants to get out on your row. I had to laugh how everyone shouted, "Sit down!!!" If the person trying to get out hesitated for a few seconds.

I discovered too that no matter where you are in the ground you're never far from a know it all who thinks their opinion is right. I had one near me who was convinced Phillips was a great player who hadn't been given a fair crack of the whip by Pep. He just needed a run of five or six games. I pointed out to him if Pep did that we'd probably be out of the title race very quickly. I added that whenever he had been on the field he was pretty awful and I'd happily trust my eyes and the judgment of the greatest manager in world football over his. It didn't go down too well lol.

Was proud of that second half comeback!

Let's hope that awful first half is now out of our system, and we're back to our best on Sunday.

It's a great feeling topping any group in the Champions League, and at the same time just a point off being top of the League going into December!

Long may it continue!

Just getting round to watching the match. Couldn't the other night.

Look I know we always have a special affection for the memories of childhood and youth (the good ones, anyway), but is there honestly anything more magnificent in its simplicity than that jersey?
No sponsors. No writing. No badge even. Just the pure sky blue with white trim. “We are Manchester City Football Club”.
Still miss it.

Thing is, ok, Leipzig played well for those first forty-five minutes, but come on, their two goals were the result of absolute howlers from two centre-halves who should have known better. When you've got a vast windy space of forty yards between you and your keeper, you just don't defend like that.
Their lad Openda took them very well, mind. He looks useful.

O.k., people have already forgotten this match, we weren't at our best over the ninety minutes. Granted. Job done.
I'd like people to just stop and take the time to savour our third. It is a pure marvel. In two parts: Lewis backwards to Aké, Aké over to Rodri, Rodri back to Lewis who has now moved. Never more than two touches, mostly one. That triangle has now open up space (a ‘pocket’ as the commentators love to say). It is that beautiful little movement that has made it possible for Lewis to play a superb ball out to Doku. Doku takes a touch or two, plays it inside to Phil; Phil, one touch to take him forward and take the defender out, cross angled backwards to where he knows Alvarez is. A little bit of luck there, it was deflected. Wrong foots everyone, but that includes Julián, who does very well to dig it out, even if it's close range.
Two trios, linked up by Lewis. One or two touches every time.
The split second timing, the brilliance, the complicity is simply stunning. I don't believe there's a single team on earth that could have done much about that. It'll be overlooked, because of the nature of the match. For me, our best goal so far this season, by some distance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.